Category event request 'set page #'

Got an idea, post it here

Category event request 'set page #'

Postby alaricljs on Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:36 pm

I'd like to request a new category event: 'set page #'

I really only need to have a 'goto first page' function, but the best generalization of this (so that more people may find a use for it) would be 'set page #' The idea being that you can go to a specific page in a category.

I have a multilevel music category (Artist>Album>Tracks) and I have 1 minor bug that can't be fixed without this. If I go into an artist with multiple pages of albums, page-down to a high numbered page, go back to the artist list, pick an artist with 1 page of albums.... I get a blank category that is set to page X of 1 I then need to click page-down to get to the first (and only) page. 'set page #' would allow me to fix this so that it would always display the first page and not require user intervention.

Thanks
alaricljs

Postby Colby on Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:55 pm

Actually, This sounds more of a bug than a feature request. Xl shouldnt show page x of1 for a category with only one page. And never should a category have a page with blank info. I see your frustration. I think a category event: 'set page #' would be nice and so would a 'set page A-Z' so If I clicked "R" then I would goto the page with the start of the "R" listings. Good ideas.
Colby