Added some menus to Heavy Metal - Sage and CDEX

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Added some menus to Heavy Metal - Sage and CDEX

Postby sdumas on Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:32 pm

I added some menus so that I could use SageTV in a client server environment; ie - 2 PCs environment - 1 PC is the Sage Host and the other one the remote control - in that case a Fujitsu Stylistic 3400

Here is the first screen shot of the menu:

These are all "send message" events sent to SageTV.

I also created a keyboard (actually copied the keyboard from HeavyMetal) and assigned Girder events to each keys to be sent to SageTV. This way you can request a search which will appear on PC1 while you send the keys and appropriate commands from PC2.

I also created a page to copy CD based on CDEX. It has a few buttons for each steps; Step 1 will load CDEX, Step 2 will refresh CDDB (if necessary) and finally Step 3 will copy to appropriate location. I added a Cancel button to stop the copying process and a Reload Database to see results immediately on the music page.

The same page will also control playing a CD upon insertion

Is that valuable to anyone?

Is this something you'd like me to post somehow?
sdumas

Yes Please

Postby timwarner on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:03 am

Hi
I would be interested in the cdex page / events. This is something on my wish list. Thanks
Tim
timwarner

Postby berniejr on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:32 am

I'd definitely be interested, I will definitely be using a Sage client/server type of setup.
berniejr

Postby sdumas on Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:51 pm

OK, here is my first try to post a downloadable skin modification.

If this one works, I'll post the other later on.

The first post is the CDEX menu for HeavyMetal. It consists of two files. cdex.xml and lrcdex.xml within this zip file

http://pages.infinit.net/sdumas/xlobbycdex.zip

cdex.xml is the menu and needs to be copied into "xlobby\skins\heavymetal\".

lrcdex.xml is the eventgroup that triggers the CDEX functions. It needs to be copied under "xlobby\eventgroups\".

You will need to create a button in one of your menus to call upon the menu "cdex"
You will need to modify the button "Living Room" to go back to your main menu

Make sure that you configured properly the plugin so that CDEX 1.51 is accessible by Xlobby (ie. proper path to the executable).

Configure CDEX to use CDDB (you need to enter an email address) and say where you want the files to go to (proper destination paths), select your MP3 encoder (I use LAME) and you should be set to go with CDEX.

For the audioplaying option to work properly, press F2 to get to setup.
Select "Misc"
Under Autoplay click on Audio CD (make sure extension is CDA), click on assign an event
Select the event LRCDEX:playcd

Upon insertion of an audio CD, it will start to play automatically.
Click on the CDEX menu button (the one you created earlier)
You can now control the CD play. You can pause, go to next track, go to previous track or stop. You'll notice that there is no play button. For some odd reason, I could only play an audio CD upon insertion, therefore a play button would be useless.

NOTE : do not copy a CD and play it at the same time - Stop the CD first then proceed to copy.

To copy - Click first on Step1 (you'll see CDEX flying on the screen and then minimize itself)
If you see the tracks listed on the CDEX menu then proceed to Step3 (Copy CD).
If you do not see the tracks, then click on Step2 (Refresh CDDB), then proceed to Step3 (Copy CD)
While the CD is being copied, you can go anywhere you want within Xlobby - go check periodically for status by going back to the CDEX menu.

The cancel button is to stop the copying of the CD.

When your CD has been copied you can press the "Reload Database" button, that will bring your file automagically in your music database.

hopefully that will work!!!!

If it does, let me know and if if doesnt, well, let me know too!
sdumas

Postby sdumas on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:58 pm

Did anyone tried the first part.

Does the CDEX extension work fine?
sdumas

Postby sdumas on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:58 pm

No need for this I guess. I won't bother to post the Sage screens then.

Thanks anyway.
sdumas

Postby berniejr on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:14 pm

Well I really don't have a need for the CDEX stuff but I would like to try the Sage screens if you don't mind.
berniejr