To all german User and all who know it...

Got an idea, post it here

To all german User and all who know it...

Postby ISDNRaiser on Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:44 pm

... can someone tell me, how I can open files with german nonstandard charakters (like äüöÄÜÖß)? All the files will be ignored. Can I change at any position in this program? it is very nice and I like to use it very well.

Thank you very much and with best reguards

ISDNRaiser
ISDNRaiser

Postby badubo on Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:50 pm

You have to write your files in UTF-8 format
badubo

Postby ISDNRaiser on Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:00 pm

Hello,

thanks for your answer, but my files are in utf-8. I also didn't know how I can write a movie on the harddisk in utf-8. The filename has an ü in it and when I start it with xlobby, zoomplayer said: no medium loadet. That is very bad, since many files on my DVDs hast nonstandard charakters in the filenames. So please help me. Can I fix it with an language file? Waht must it have?

Thanks
ISDNRaiser
ISDNRaiser

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:45 am

if you drag and drop your file onto zoomplayer will it play it? might be a zoomplayer issue...maybe your using an older version? just a guess.
stevenhanna6

Postby ISDNRaiser on Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:47 am

Hiho,

when I open the file with zoomplayer directly all works fine. When I open the files with xlobby only the files without äüöÄÜÖß will be open. The files with nonstandard chars are not listed in the playlist. I don't know why, but that happens. I don't think, it's a bug. I think it's a language problem. Thats why I ask here. I also hopped, that some german users (they might have the same problem) can say something to the problem.

Ok, thanks for help.

With best reguards
ISDNRiaser
ISDNRaiser