XANT in V3?

V3 help and support questions

XANT in V3?

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:23 am

I feel like such a newb :D

Is anyone using the XANT plugin in V3? I've been able to get the basics going, but how does one get the coverart to display? When I open up Setup/Database/Edit, the coverart field is populated with the artwork location, but it doesn't display anything. The artwork location is on a network drive...is that the reason? Does artwork for DVD's have to reside on the local drive? Strange because music covers reside on a network drive as well, and those display fine. Or does the coverart have to reside in the actual movie directory? If this is the case, then I will have to post this on Mantis, unless there is a way to setup XANT to place the covers it retrieves from the Ant catalog into the individual movie folders.

*SOLVED PLAYBACK ISSUE BELOW*
Also, I'm a little behind the times and playing catchup. I know that we are encouraged to use the internal player, but how does one get an external player playing movie files. I have it all setup in Setup/File Types for Zoom Player to play, but when selecting a movie, it tries to play from the internal player.
*SOLVED* - Realized I had to change the event associated to the button. Now it works...and I started to understand more of the basics on skinning :D

Eventually I'd like to get the internal player working, but I'm trying to set this up to how my current MediaPVR system is working...you know...baby steps first.
Last edited by Marbles_00 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marbles_00

Re: XANT in V3?

Postby Grooby on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:30 am

Welcome to v3 :D
Grooby

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:53 pm

Okay, so I take it from this post from Wes: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=6697&start=15#p48333
Especially this quote:
A correct folder should look like this.

1. Movie folder, example Superman as the folder name
2. Inside the Superman folder there should be 2 folders and 2 files 1. AUDIO_TS folder, 2. VIDEO_TS folder, 3. coverartwork .jpg image file for the movie if it has been spidered, 4. Item.xml file which contains a movies Synopsis and playback bookmark information.

That the coverart indeed has to reside within the movie directory. Is this the case? If so, then I will have to put in my first Mantis request, as how XANT works is that it places all the artwork into one directory, then tags the artwork in accordance to the Ant Catalog movie Item number, then builds the database on that tag file name (or something along that line).
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:36 pm

Raised new Mantis entry ID#608
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:29 am

Added further info to Mantis entry, along with images of what I have found out. Seems that I can manually delete the coverart parameter in setup/database, and re-enter the location, and the artwork will then display fine. This to me has elevated this issue from a "tweak" status to a "bug" status.
Marbles_00

Postby badubo on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:26 pm

do you see a difference in the database (.xml) between the Xant version and the edited one?
badubo

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Sorry, I've been busy the last little while. What I ended up doing is Steven's suggestion in Mantis. For V3 there is an option in setup to blow away covers and force Xlobby to reload. Doing this seemed to work, but I will go back and verify if there is a difference in the xml files and let you know...I think I can recreate the issue still.
Marbles_00

Postby PiDD on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:39 am

Sorry for reviving an old thread... I cant get the coverart to show up in V3 either... How did you fix it?
PiDD