? - eliminate Daemon-Tools folder open window....

Speak your mind

? - eliminate Daemon-Tools folder open window....

Postby kolemieux on Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:26 pm

All,

I know there is a way to do this from the control panel, file types, but am having no luck at all finding the trick to keep the folder open window from jumping on me when I mount a new DVD.iso

I have one machine that I have been able to disable it on with a stale install of Cyberlink - but have had no luck installing any DVD apps that will allow me to control action of a load to this drive and actually work.

Any hints or registry settings for this?

Thanks
kolemieux

Postby AirPost on Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:21 pm

If you have XP, have you tried installing TweakUI and tweaking with the Autoplay/Handlers settings?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
AirPost

Thanks - and yes...

Postby kolemieux on Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:19 pm

Airpost - Jowaldo,

Guys - Jowaldo sent me a PM the other day asking about tweak-apps that may be causing/stopping this and it had me thinking. I use TweakXP for AutoLogin - got to thinking if it would help me with this - and then took note of the fact that the once machine "not" having this issue did not have TweakXP loaded on it.

Good news - TweakXP (from XP Powertoyz that is) did INDEED manage to make the registry settings appropriate to SHUT THIS OFF... (-: It was driving me nuts...... So, had Jowaldo not tilted my thinking, Airpost you would have had me covered.

Thx guys - appreciate the help.
kolemieux