xLiveShout v1.2.1

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xLiveShout v1.2.1

Postby defrag on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:25 am

Jeroen wrote:Since a couple of weeks, the plugin for xliveshout makes xlobby crash. i've tried a new install, on different pc's but program but no effect.
Anybody else with the same problem?
It always worked perfectly.

Hi Jeroen, Have you tried running xlobby without the plugin and seeing if it is still stable? What is the type of crash, is there any error messages displayed? I am still using this plugin and have no issues so any info will be useful to finding a solution to your problem.
defrag

Postby Jeroen on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:14 pm

Well, now it seems the plugin isn't the guilty one.
both the menu.xml and the xliveshout.xml make xlobby crash. I tried a fresh xlobby install with freshly downloaded xliveshout plugin and screens.
I get a crash with an 'invalid parameter'.
Maybe I'm just unlucky. I'll try to find the time to figure it out.
Jeroen

Postby BaddaBing on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Thanks for this plug-in, excellent work!
BaddaBing

Postby defrag on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:26 am

Thanks BaddaBing, are you going to try to use it on V3? Or go with the new inbuilt one? When I finally get time I was going to see if Steven had fixed the category refresh issue that plagued the latter V2 builds in V3 - that way the station favorites will be a very flexable beast.
defrag

Postby BaddaBing on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:52 pm

I'm on version three and using your plugin. There is another post on streaming webcasts http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6803 where Wes replied that the XLv3 implementation of shoutcast will just be buttons with URLs assigned. I think your plug-in is much more robust in that the refresh capability keeps the addresses current. The favorites feature is not a big deal to me - I prefer to surf what ever comes up in the top ten that week so that I'm always listening to something new.

I did run into an issue on XLv3 that I hope you can help me with. I'm sure it is something I did wrong, but here is what is happening. The stations associated with the the pushbuttons do not jive with what is played. Here is a screenshot of your skin running on XLv3, I have not made any changes:

Note that I have selected and clicked the station BELLYUP4BLUES but the sation that connects as shown in NOW PLAYING is "CLASSIC SOUL NETWORK" (which isn't even a choice on the screen :? )

If I launch the editor and expand the category you are using to display the buttons you can see that where the problem is comming from. The station displayed in the catagory does not match the tags to the right. This may be due to the issue with category refresh issue you mention in your post:

This is how I had to configure the skin in order to get the buttons to match the station.
As you can see I had to eliminate the individual tags and expand the stations category and add display items in order to synch the button the the station URL

So to make a long story short, is what I'm seeing a problem with the category refresh in XLv3 or is there something I can do to use the tags that allow much neater skinning options?

Thanks,
Baddabing
BaddaBing

Postby Grooby on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:39 am

^^^^^^^ i have the same problem in v3...thought it was just me^^^^^^^^^
Grooby

Postby defrag on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:44 pm

I will try and have a play this week - time is not my own at the moment (but at least it's chargeable time!!) I do have somewhere some code I did to test the category refresh issues - hope there are no new ones in v3 to replace the old ones!!! Still trying to get myself into the new skinning engine as I am trying to put together an AEON style skin - don't let me stop you from testing though :wink: :lol:
defrag

Postby Froggy on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:55 pm

I'm not technical at all. My profile is more of an "End-User". I am fairly new to xLobby and using the freeware with the Vintage skin.
I understand that this new xLiveShout plugin requires a specific "page". Am I right?
If so, is there a faily simple way to merge the page from another skin to Vintage?
Thx!
Froggy

Postby defrag on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:41 am

Hi Froggy, there is a demo skin included in the download package from which you could pull the liveshout screen and move to your current skin. Realistically you may need some skinning abilities if you want to customise it to look the same. Which skin are you using at the moment?
defrag

Postby Froggy on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:46 pm

As mentioned before, I use the "Vintage" skin by Rika.
I'm afraid I'll have to ask Rika if he wants to dedicate sometime to include the plugin to that skin.
Froggy

Postby WannaTheater on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:47 am

I am finally experimenting with this plugin... awesome work!

I have 2 questions:

1) Every once and awhile, I get "internal server error" when selecting a station. Since WinAmp cannot find the required .pls, it opens up the WinAMP "Open file(s)" dialogue, expecting me to select one locally; this effectively hangs me up, as I use a touchscreen, and this dialogus is not visable. Anyone have a cure for this? This was the same problem I had using older Shoutcast plugins, and is why I preferred to periodically update a fixed database of .pls files.

2) The genres database makes reference to a bunch of .png files as coverart. Are these available? (they were not packaged with the plugin)

Great Plugin! Thanks!
WannaTheater

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:35 am

Defrag,

Shoutcast must have made changes to their site, and now your awesome plugin no longer works. Hope you are still around to make changes...or in the least, email me your source code.

Thanks.
Marbles_00

Postby PhilB on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:28 am

I am trying to make the latest version of this work in my XL v3 setup. XL does not seem to recongnize the plugin. It is in the plugin folder as indicated by the instructions. I also loaded the skin sample. I restarted XL several times. No luck. It only creates 1 database (xliveshout-genres) which is empty.

The computer has internect connectivity.

XL is the latest release from mantis

Using Winamp's latest free release. I can play shoutcase directly from Winamp.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
PB
PhilB

Postby lar282 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:41 am

PhilB wrote:I am trying to make the latest version of this work in my XL v3 setup. XL does not seem to recongnize the plugin. It is in the plugin folder as indicated by the instructions. I also loaded the skin sample. I restarted XL several times. No luck. It only creates 1 database (xliveshout-genres) which is empty.

The computer has internect connectivity.

XL is the latest release from mantis

Using Winamp's latest free release. I can play shoutcase directly from Winamp.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
PB

I still can't get it to work but u must have xsoapwheather plugin enabled also for the plugin to show up. my post is here.
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=7333

//Lasse
lar282

Postby PhilB on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:09 pm

I will try that Lar. The instructions dont say that Xsoapweather is required. I am using xweather. I will give that a try and postback.
PhilB

PreviousNext