show/hide a group of buttons on media player screen

V3 help and support questions

show/hide a group of buttons on media player screen

Postby smarty on Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:19 am

On the media player screen I have set up two "groups" of buttons that I can show/hide (they are placed in the same general location). However, when I hide one group and then show the other, the hidden group does NOT become "in-active", and the un-hidden group does NOT "come to the front". ....Ideas??

Why am I doing this on the media player screen? .....

I am setting up "sendkeys" button that I hope will be able to mimic the F5 - F11 keys that allow for media player size adjustment. I use touchscreens throughout the house, I don't want to use/have to keep a keyboard around. By having the "F sendkeys" sent right from the media player screen, I can see the adjustments that are being made (without using a keyboard)

Any other ideas on how to do the "F-adjustments" without using a keyboard? Any idea how to make a group of buttons active or de-active?
smarty

Re: show/hide a group of buttons on media player screen

Postby wesblack on Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:59 pm

I assume you are using xLobby V3, if so use the following:

Do this for all buttons.

This will show and enable the button
Give the button or buttons the same ID like (buttons group 1) under general, properties
Use these events.
button show event
button enable Event

This will hide and disable the button
Use these events
button hide event
button disable Event

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby smarty on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:54 pm

Thanks Wes.

Yes, I am using the latest V3.

I didn't give each individual button element the same "group name", so that could have been my problem. I will then use the show/enable and hide/disable events as you suggest. I will post back once I have the chance to try this out.

Thanks so much!
smarty

Postby smarty on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:59 am

Yep, that was it! Works like a champ!

A hint for anyone else trying to use the {F5}-{F11} keys via a "button sendkeys"....first, use the "os:find window command" (you need to specifiy the xlobby window), and THEN use the "os:send keys command" for the {F5} - {F11} media player window sizing keys.
smarty