A small problem with XLTV .NET 2.0 plugin

Xlobby plugin development

A small problem with XLTV .NET 2.0 plugin

Postby hvs69 on Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:45 am

I am having following problem with the new .NET 2 XLTV plugin possibly limited to the use of MyTheatre

When I first open an Xlobby screen with xltv plugin window, Mytheatre starts in the background. I can bring it into foreground by pressing Alt+Tab. But, as soon as I click on Xlobby screen anywhere it goes back into background bringing Xlobby into foreground.

Interesting thing is that MyTheatre has "Stay on Top" option enabled (invoked by xlttv plugin) and yet it does not exhibit the right behavior. If I disable and then re-enable "Sta on Top", everything is fine.

I am just wondering why would the behavior be different when the plugin executes this option versus manual execution

I have tried several versions of MyTheatre and found same problem

This was not an issue with the earlier verion (.NET 1.1) version of Xlobby and xltv plugin

Any workarounds to avoid this ?? or am I doing something wrong ?
hvs69

Postby badubo on Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:49 am

nothing has changed, for the .NET 2.0 version I only recompiled.
I put the "stay on top" on the .ini before I start MT, so I don't know why it doesn't apply the settings

I will have to test it (but probably not before next week)
badubo

Postby hvs69 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:30 pm

Thanks Badubo.

I have also seen that the problem does not occur when I launch MyTheatre from Start Menu manually while XLobby is running.

The problem only seems to occur when xltv plugin launches MyTheatre. I have checked it with two different versions of MyTheatre 3.26 & 3.33.5
hvs69

Postby hvs69 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:31 pm

Thanks Badubo.

I have also seen that the problem does not occur when I launch MyTheatre from Start Menu manually while XLobby is running.

The problem only seems to occur when xltv plugin launches MyTheatre. I have checked it with two different versions of MyTheatre 3.26 & 3.33.5
hvs69

Postby hvs69 on Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:50 pm

Badubo,

Don't bother to look into this problem. I got the problem solved :)

I am not sure what fixed it (maybe upgrade to latest xlobby exe) but it is working.

Thanks
hvs69