Error w/ PPC client

Help each other out

Error w/ PPC client

Postby Aaron on Sun May 09, 2004 4:59 am

Device:
SimPad SL4
WinCE .NET 4.1
- installed .NET framework 1 SP2 (just DL'd from MS web site)

Error msg when trying to run xlobby2sd.exe

Connect() error, Class:ClientSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException:Could not find resource assembly

I'm using a netgear wireless 802.11b card and can use activesync, surf the net, and connect to my network fine.
Aaron

Postby Aaron on Sun May 09, 2004 10:33 pm

no one can help?

Steven?
Aaron

Postby hjackson on Mon May 10, 2004 7:09 am

Since no one else has, I'll ask the basic questions...Is Xlobby running and in server mode on your server PC? I will assume you know your server's ip address and remembered to add the prefix ppc to your start screen. Other than that I can't help you as I can't get my Xlobby client PC to run properly either, but at least I got it to connect...
Goodluck.

hjackson
hjackson

Postby Hiller on Mon May 10, 2004 7:03 pm

Two things to check out. First, make sure your server is actually serving XLobby for the client to connect to. I'm not at a machine with XLobby right now but in the setup there is a tab that has the server stuff on it (I think it's Misc). Press the start server button and it should say that a server has started at your ip address. Second, make sure that on your PPC the server.txt (I think that's the name of the text file) has the correct IP address for your server. If you already have both of those going without any problems post back and we will see if we can track down the problem.

Steve
Hiller

Postby Aaron on Tue May 11, 2004 1:50 am

DOH!

that was it... the server was not "on"

OK, it works.

I have a few questions and see a few problems:

1) Is there a way to toggle it in and out of full screen?
2) When the weather shows the entire screen darkens... overlay problem?
3) Why don't the screens auto-refresh when changing? It seems I must press the refresh button to get the display to update.

otherwise it looks wonderful! I may just switch from Netremote!
Aaron