DVD Profiler Compatibility

Got an idea, post it here

DVD Profiler Compatibility

Postby edwardo on Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:15 pm

Hi Steve,

Invelos have wandered away from DVD Profiler compatibility with Xlobby. I think it was a serious mistake on their part.

It would bale them and me out of you could code up an option to support their latest version. I miss not being able to use Xlobby to see and select media by clicking on the cover. In fact I'm currently having for find and active stuff bare-handed.

If this subject is being addressed elsewhere, please feel free o delete this thread and direct me to the other one.
edwardo

Re: DVD Profiler Compatibility

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:36 am

This import utility by jovial_mood may help you.
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ler#p40435
sharp_1

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:45 am

the pre-release versions import DVD pro 3.0 exports just fine. The old "free" version will not. There is a multi-step workaround you can do using another piece of software as a converter, but it has it's own issues (such as ctrl characters not being interpreted correctly).

Currently, since I mainly use the free version, I add movies or TV series to dvdpro, export, startup the pre-release xlobby (number 5 I believe) and import. then copy the movies.xml file to the other edition. a pain, but it does work.
cmhardwick

Postby edwardo on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:04 pm

Many thanks to you both for your help. I may yet have to resort to the solutions you proposed. However, I'm really looking for a solution that is as seamless as possible. I resent my enslavement by technology - despite the fact that it also give me a living.
edwardo

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:40 am

edwardo wrote:I'm really looking for a solution that is as seamless as possible. I resent my enslavement by technology - despite the fact that it also give me a living.
Well I am currently trying to figure a way to use the .xml database from MyMovies in xLobby. If so life will be good. Now I just have to figure out if I can modify the movie template in order to make it work...so far not so good.
sharp_1

Postby edwardo on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:06 pm

cmhardwick wrote:the pre-release versions import DVD pro 3.0 exports just fine. The old "free" version will not.

please tell me more about the pre-release versions. When I try to download xlobby, I don't get prompted for a choice of versions. Also, I thought all versions of xlobby were free and always would be.

I don't mind paying for software - as long as it solves the problem I bought it for. I just need to know how.
edwardo

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:00 pm

please tell me more about the pre-release versions. When I try to download xlobby, I don't get prompted for a choice of versions. Also, I thought all versions of xlobby were free and always would be.

Please, no offence, but have you been living under a rock? You joined after Steven decided to take xlobby commercial, and the "free" version has been taken off the board, poeple go back on their word all the time, why would/should it be different in this case? Money is more powerful than words...anyone living in corporate America knows this. You don't get prompted for a choice of versions as you don't have the choice. You have the choice to try other software if you don't like this, but the pre-releases all have expiring dates on them, when the current one expires, then you have a choice to load the next "pre". And when the commercial version is released, you will have a choice into which version you'd like to purchase, but that opens a whole new can of worms (see below).

as long as it solves the problem I bought it for. I just need to know how.

That's a big problem alot of us are having. No one has come here to lay claim to exactly what versions are going to do what and at what price. Calrad has laid out a "possible" version breakdown on their site, but no one has...or has not, confirmed/verified that this is correct. Or even what it all means for that matter. What's the difference between multi-zoning basic and advanced features? Or client basic/advanced features, or plugins and PPC basic/advanced features for that matter.

Welcome to the new vision...the corporate vision...where the consumer is left in the dark and expected to assimulate when required (like that little "Trekkie" symbolism :) ).

Now you can go back to your rock and wait until Sept./Oct. when it will be finally revealed as to how far we will have to open our bank accounts and for what, if we choose to, that is :wink: .
Marbles_00