Speak your mind

Postby byellin on Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:19 pm

minhi,

Yes. TT does play.
byellin

Postby minhi on Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:45 am

byellin wrote:minhi,

Yes. TT does play.

not sure if this will be ok with you, but this is the workaround that worked for me. it's simpler because i'm not messing around with the file types.

i think your problem is because you cannot pass %title% in the file types section. to do it that way, i think you have to add a new playlist event, and play playlist event. that's my guess, i haven't done it that way. hopefully someone else can explain how to do it that way, too complicated for me, i need to keep it simple.

my workaround is to create a new event playdiskmovie, in that i have just one item, os->executefile.

File=C:\Program Files\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe
Arguments="d:\movies\%movies>title%\video_ts\VIDEO_TS.IFO"
(obviously modify this for theatertek)

then i go to the skin editor, (break button) and bind this event to the "Play" button in the movie view. This is kind of a cheat because i bypass the offline/online check (which i'm trying to fix myself--i can't figure out where it checks), but it will get you moving again.
minhi

Postby byellin on Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:45 pm

minhi,

Thanks. I tried an independent OS execute with arguments before, but I was using %title%, and when I switched to movies>title, I didn't include the %% on each end. Maybe that was it. BTW, I am pretty sure the category execute does the online/offline processing since then OFFLINE EVENT is in the File Types table (which is why I wanted to use it). Oh well. I am happy with the workaround for now, but it would be nice if the substitution worked so I could give folks a hint the movie isn't on the HDD. It doen't seem right that %playlist% should work in the switches, but no others. I will try the OS execute with the right syntax as you coded it in the example for the variables and see if it works. I let you know what happens. Are you sure it's %movies>title% and not %category>movies>title% ?? I'll play around with it and see.
byellin

It works!!!!!!!

Postby byellin on Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:18 pm

Colby and minhi,

Tadah!!!!

The OS Execute command with %movies>title% in the file name position works like a champ. Thanks for the patience on this one. Now I just have to make sure the titles line up with the file names (no funny characters) and conjure up a way to distinquish offline from online movies until the substitutions in the File Types table is fixed, if ever. I think this qualifies as a bug, but I am not familiar enough with how its supposed work to make that assertion. Whaddah you think? Bug or feature :wink:

Any ideas on the online/offline dilemna. If folks have to get off the couch to look at the DVD rack (which I am trying to eliminate)- the whole database exercise is a little pointless. Still - I am thrilled that it is working. You now have another happy Xlobby customer.
byellin

Re: It works!!!!!!!

Postby minhi on Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:16 am

byellin wrote:Colby and minhi,

Any ideas on the online/offline dilemna. If folks have to get off the couch to look at the DVD rack (which I am trying to eliminate)- the whole database exercise is a little pointless. Still - I am thrilled that it is working. You now have another happy Xlobby customer.

i'm trying to figure this out myself. my 'play movie' button is bound to show the offline movie overlay. i don't know how to test if online/offline to conditionally show the offline overlay or just play the movie. i'm not sure if the skin guys can give me some guidance on the execution path of the play movie button.
minhi

Postby byellin on Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:43 pm

minhi,

Do you know if xlobby has a scripting language like Girder's LUA?
byellin

Postby byellin on Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:10 am

It looks to me like the online/offline decision is made in the category execute routine since there is an entry in the filetypes definition for the offlinemovies overlay in the entries. I don't see how to tap into it for other conditionals.
byellin

Previous