Main Lobby Clone Skins

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Main Lobby Clone Skins

Postby acemt01 on Tue May 11, 2004 4:27 am

Thought I would post my feeble attempt to take what various screens I had gathered over the years and make something usable for myself. I found MainLobby way to hard to use, where Xlobby is King!

Screenshots:

Still needs work.
acemt01

Postby AirPost on Tue May 11, 2004 5:00 am

Veeeeeeery Nice ! Professional looking. :D

What screen resolution are you using this on?
AirPost

Postby acemt01 on Tue May 11, 2004 5:36 am

Thanks Airpost, coming from you after seeing your beta skins means a lot! I am running at 1280x720 which is my projector resolution.

Mark
acemt01

Postby Twit on Tue May 11, 2004 7:32 am

Wicked skin - nothing feeble about it. I posted my really feeble attempt a while back because nobody was posting thiers so thought if i post my really crap one others will post thiers.

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1112

Later
Simon
Twit

Just what I had in mind...

Postby schuetter on Sun May 30, 2004 6:15 pm

Don't suppose I could get a copy of what you have done so far? I am just using mine as a DVD library so I generally only even put in the dvd sections.
schuetter

Postby bugman72 on Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:59 pm

I would love to get this skin from you. I'm going to use Xlobby in conjunction with Mainlobby for Xlobby's client/server music ability and my lack of wanting to spend another $60 on the MusicLobby.

Please either make this skin public or send it to me via email at mailto:gjones72@earthlink.net.

P.S....Did I say PLEASE?
bugman72

Postby acemt01 on Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:04 am

bugman,

I can't post it as it contains copyrighted material. As far as sending it to you, I may be able to send it to you if you have already purchased mainlobby.

Mark
acemt01

Postby bugman72 on Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:37 pm

Yes, I do currently have a licensed copy of Mainlobby from Mario. I've been talking with him and Dan Reicher about giving us guys that have been buying the modules seperatly a break when we add to our group. As you could probably guess, I haven't made a lot of progress.

You can email me the skin to mailto:gjones@mecpc.com. That's my work address and has no file size restrictions.

Thanks

Greg
bugman72

Postby acemt01 on Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:17 pm

Bugman,

I tried to send you the file via email, 3 times, however the file is too large for my mail server. Sorry.

Mark
acemt01

Postby bugman72 on Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:22 pm

Thanks for trying, Mark. Don't worry about sending it. After some experimenting this weekend with Xlobby, I've decided that it's not really going to work for me. No matter what skin I try, the bootup time for Xlobby is too slow. Plus, I don't really like the fact that Xlobby has to be running on the server (my HTPC, in this case) before the client will work. I know that I can have the client send a Girder command to launch Xlobby first, but like I said...it takes WAY too long to boot up for what I am wanting to do with it.

Thanks again for the effort. Guess I'll be buying MusicLobby afterall.
bugman72

Postby Cosworth on Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:24 pm

@ Bugman

Did you use the latest build in your test? Steven has changed the way the weather plugin loads, so the load time is much faster now. Give it another try if you haven't already.
Cosworth

Postby bugman72 on Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:48 pm

As far as I know I'm using the lastest build. I downloaded Pre Release 14 and then did the Pre 28 update. I'm not really sure why it takes so long for Xlobby to load up. Depending upon the skin that I use (Colby's taking the longest), it will take anywhere from 1 1/2 minutes up to 3 minutes to load up the menu. It seems to always take the longest to load the database and then the initial start up. I almost always get a "preparing to start..." for at least 20-30 seconds regardless of the skin that I use.

Along that subject, is there any way to strip out what Xlobby loads up so that I don't have to wait for it to load something that I don't want? Primarily, I just want to have weather, music, and movies to load and only those. Everything else is a waste of resources for me, as I am using MainLobby for everything else. If I could strip the database section of everything I don't want, I think that my load up time would dramatically improve, thus pushing me towards implementing it.

FYI, I have almost 3000 MP3s imported and about 200 DVDs via DVD Profiler imported. Would this have any bearing on how fast or slow Xlobby loads?
bugman72