Database update in memory on request

Got an idea, post it here

Database update in memory on request

Postby dalanik on Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:47 am

Steven,

I'm trying to do something outside of XLobby and the import the results in the database. The problem is that XLoby reads database on startup.

Would it be possible to have an event "re-read database from disk" or similar, that would provide such kind of fuctionality?

I'm creating xml database from external program but XLobby doesn't see it right now...

Thanx,

Dalibor
dalanik

Postby gamejester on Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:07 pm

Had to ask, even though I know you are an experienced skin engineer.
But can you just not link the database to a category and do a refresh category via a button, or am I misunderstanding your request.

I have a database originally made from a template in xlobby, but I have some vbscript that runs and adds or removes fields to the xml file on certain events in Xlobby, In order to read in those changes to Xlobby I have to do a category refresh, which has the un desired result of loosing the category focus position.

What I would like to be able to do is alter the memory loaded databases directly via events and these changes saved back out to the XML, like what you can do through F2.

Or, have a category revert back to (or keep) its current category position after a refresh………….this may be a bit tricky as a filter could be applied, or the Db may be nested.
gamejester