New skin, closed- see Green-skin

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby hjackson on Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:48 pm

Aaron said "If you can make the 'home' page buttons a bit larger...."

Rika, my first impulse when I read this was that I should recommend that he (Aaron) try tweaking the button sizes to suit his own tastes as this would be easy to do. However, on retrospect, I would say that your skin overall is much more mouse friendly than touchscreen friendly and that big Fisher-Price type buttons make skins more approachable and user-friendly. Not being an artist like yourself I won't go into more detail about alteration recommendations, but a 50% or more increase in your button sizes is probable a good idea.

hjackson
hjackson

Postby rika on Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:48 am

jowaldo:
I see some things that look pretty familiar

Hmm...what could he mean by that....Image

Rika
rika

Postby rika on Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:24 am

Thank you for your responses.

Aaron:
If I can make some suggestions to make it more touchscreen and TV friendly

All round buttons "zoom out" in colour on enter-state, You can look at the web-home button here to see what i mean. That make use of touchscreens to lose that effect. I use mouse or remote for this skin.
(Edit: You could change enter.png´s to down.png´s that way when you press a touchscreen the button will pop out in colour)
1) If you can make the 'home' page buttons a bit larger. Thus moving the XLobby 'oval' more towad the center to allow for the larger buttons.

Larger home button, no problem. Move the "oval", i vant the space for a calendar and info on the right side but i can uppload all the layerd png:s so anybodey how wants can tweak this skin to ther own choice.
2) On the picture viewer... can you make the overlay larger to fill up "most" of the screen? This would make it nicer to view.

As this skin use jowaldos skin as base the picture viewer are the same as in jowaldos skin. If you mean this its the webcams

hjackson:
Is there an EASY way for us in the masses to change the color or hue of your skin or would that require an entire overhall (I do a lot of skin tweaking but have never tried to change the colour...)?

Sorry, you have no easy way to change the colour but as you are one of the 100$ donator when steven had problems with his server, i will tweak this skin in any colour you want for you. About the button sizes, i´l see what i can do
Rika
rika

Postby hjackson on Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:21 am

Wow, thanks Rika!! I'm partial to the bold blue colours, with accent colours such as yellow, red, and grey. An example would be the Visual skin colour scheme. Thanks again and nice work!

hjackson
hjackson

Postby rika on Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:58 am

I will finich the orginal skin first then i start working on the hjackson-edition :wink:
Rika
rika

Postby Arthur on Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:15 am

Impressed for 2 reasons:
- Very good looking
- New features added (the calander and the to do list)
Very good job!

EDIT --> When will it be released?
Arthur

Postby hjackson on Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:55 am

Rika, how is your skin coming? Also, have you given it a name yet?
We're all looking forward towards it! :)

hjackson
hjackson

Postby rika on Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:44 pm

My hard drive crashed a couple a weeks ago so I hade to start all over. Luckily all the png:s wear copied to a cd. I don’t think I’m done until January. Sorry

Rika
rika

Previous