Xpad broken on latest build (FEB) SOLVED

V3 help and support questions

Re: Xpad broken on latest build (FEB)

Postby lpg on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:29 pm

lar282 wrote:downloaded Helix, and downloaded latest Android apk.

The prob I see exist in that skin aswell.
I cannot press the controls button on the home screen in Heelix. Nothing happens.
lpg can u try this aswell. Maybe its my setups that are broken somehow -:(
//Lasse

I have no problem going to the controls screen on helix or simplicity. The screen functions also. I can change the volume using the volume bar and the song time position using the time slider(do not know what else to call it) I am alos getting full feedback of current and next song. Only issue is some of the text does not render well. Otherwise it looks great.

Larry
lpg

Postby wesblack on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:34 pm

All xLobby updates are through xLobby setup under Update, bleeding edge updates, the native android updates are done through settings, Check for updates. :D
wesblack

Postby lar282 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:34 pm

lpg wrote:
wesblack wrote:Added a Keep Device Awake checkbox on the latetest native android update, working on other items as well keep checking for new updates over the next few days. :D

Thanks Wes, is the update going to posted like the last one on this forum?

Larry

In the app itself, there is an update button

Lasse
lar282

Postby lar282 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:37 pm

lpg wrote:
lar282 wrote:downloaded Helix, and downloaded latest Android apk.

The prob I see exist in that skin aswell.
I cannot press the controls button on the home screen in Heelix. Nothing happens.
lpg can u try this aswell. Maybe its my setups that are broken somehow -:(
//Lasse

I have no problem going to the controls screen on helix or simplicity. The screen functions also. I can change the volume using the volume bar and the song time position using the time slider(do not know what else to call it) I am alos getting full feedback of current and next song. Only issue is some of the text does not render well. Otherwise it looks great.

Larry

Thanks for testing. What build are u on (xlobby2.exe) and device did u try from?

Lasse
lar282

Postby lpg on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:30 pm

lar282 wrote: Thanks for testing. What build are u on (xlobby2.exe) and device did u try from?
Lasse

I did more testing by jumping around. I did experience the control button not reacting to a press. I amy have been too impatient. The control pannel does not come up as quick as the other screens. Probably because it is so complex.

Build 3.0.12049.3 bleeding edge updates

Vizio vtab 1008 Android 2.3.2 GRH78C
HTC Insperion Cell Phone Android version 2.3.3

I just got an ice cream Android 4.0 tablet to demo. I will post my results for that device also.
lpg

Postby lpg on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:05 am

Hi Wes, just read your news announcement for the Android xPad. Gret stuff. I noticed that you are planning an ip direct interface. I have the http commands for Sharp TV's and direct tv. I would be glad to test that when you are ready.

Larry
lpg

Postby lar282 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:19 am

-:(
This is driving me crazy. If it works for u guys its gotta be something wierd here at my place. Help me think guys. What could it be.
Half the butttons work and half wont.
Android browser will not work either. Press a button and nothing. Pressing browser refresh then the new page is there -:(

Things I tried:(Android native app)
* Windows 7: Tried XL clean install and update to latest bleeding. No go. Tried heelix, no go. Firewall disabled. UAC disabled. logged in as admin.
* Installed a fresh Windows XP: installed XL updated to bleeding edge. Same issue. Exactly same issue. Firewall disabled. logged in as admin.
* Checked Router logs, nothing special. No drops or nothing. Tried enabling traffic shaping in router. Same issue.
* Tried different port instead of 8002, same issue

What the frak is going on? Machines are connected through TP cable to a Wireless router. Androids Wireless...Simple network, basic setup.

Tried on clients:
* Galaxy Tab 10.1
* HTC Desire

Both androids show exact same behaviour so it can't be the devices.
All 3 test machines show same behaviour and tried with WinXP, Win 7 x64 and Win7 x86, so it cant be the servers.
What the heck is it??????

Will install networkmonitor now and try to see what happens.

//A sad Lasse
lar282

Postby lpg on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:25 pm

lar282 wrote:-:(
This is driving me crazy. If it works for u guys its gotta be something wierd here at my place. Help me think guys. What could it be.
Half the butttons work and half wont.
Android browser will not work either. Press a button and nothing. Pressing browser refresh then the new page is there -:(

Things I tried:(Android native app)
* Windows 7: Tried XL clean install and update to latest bleeding. No go. Tried heelix, no go. Firewall disabled. UAC disabled. logged in as admin.
* Installed a fresh Windows XP: installed XL updated to bleeding edge. Same issue. Exactly same issue. Firewall disabled. logged in as admin.
* Checked Router logs, nothing special. No drops or nothing. Tried enabling traffic shaping in router. Same issue.
* Tried different port instead of 8002, same issue

What the frak is going on? Machines are connected through TP cable to a Wireless router. Androids Wireless...Simple network, basic setup.

Tried on clients:
* Galaxy Tab 10.1
* HTC Desire

Both androids show exact same behaviour so it can't be the devices.
All 3 test machines show same behaviour and tried with WinXP, Win 7 x64 and Win7 x86, so it cant be the servers.
What the heck is it??????

Will install networkmonitor now and try to see what happens.

//A sad Lasse

What version of Android are you using? I have a demo tablet with ice cream 4.0 that works but not consistantly.

I used wireshark to filter conversations. Once you know both device IP's you can filter to see the conversation. My android browser works also not just as fast. I agree it must be in your communication layer.

If you can trap a conversation I can try to do the same then we can compare.
I do not use windows 7 firewall or defender, both are turned off. I have Avast running on my servers. My router is a cisco/linksys 320n running ddwrt

On android I am running lookout and avs antivirus.

We will get you working.

Larry
lpg

Postby lar282 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:40 am

Thanks Larry

I did trap the communication but it didn't help. The xlobby app is really chattery!(is that a word -:)) and its impossible to see the failure from the good parts.
I did try to record when using a browser instead, since android browser does not work either for me, but I just cannot find the bad parts.
There gotta be a connections between browser not working and the xlobby app not working and that's why I am trying to hold of a copy of Dec XL. The Jan 23 I got works for me in the browser(95%) but not the app!
hmm, running out of ideas unless Steven gives me a hint what the APP is suppose to recieve from the server when actually rendering a page. Without more dubug info I think I am screwed.

Also, I switched out the Wireless router and tried with a different one, but same issue.
Did I mention that all works from an Internet Explorer browser!!!!!

the HTC desire is 2.3.3
the galaxy 10.1 is 3.2 I think
Both are rooted! but I higly doubt that that should be the issue
I will setup a virtual Android today and see if I can get the browser to work in different android versions.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby lar282 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Found the problem and this is WIERD.
Talking about the xlobby Android App now not the browser.

I said that some button do not work for me and I concentrated on the overlaycontrol. I also thought it was the size so I started to strip it down. Suddenly it started to work. After more testing I found out that all the pages that DIDN'T work contained 2 elements
progressbar
and
volumebarmaster

After I removed those from all the screens that had those, ALL screens now work for me.

This is on the DEFAULT skin and untouched default skin. Haven't touched anything....

So I guess it's the def Android versions that handles the html5! differently and for some reason my 2 Android devices hated those two elements. I am pretty sure Steven will find something out but for the APP is worknig for me. Happy again -:)

But the browser bug is still there
If I use a exe file after 23 Jan it will not work. Before, it works. Androis browser -:(

Regards

Lasse
lar282

Postby lpg on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:26 pm

I am glad you found the problem. I was able to use the volume bar and the progress bar on my setup. I started using the helix skin because it renders better. I think Steven has his hands full with this interface.

There is a new version of the android app out there that let's you use a different startup screen.
lpg

Postby stevenhanna6 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:39 am

The android BROWSER bug has been fixed now, I broke it when I was adding the backend for the native android app.

Please download the latest updates for both xlobby and the android app.

We moved the voice command stuff out of settings into the interface, you access it by tapping and holding down for about 1sec, that will give you a popup of some new options...should look like the image below.

A bunch of voice commands have now been added, check out voice help for the whole list.

The transport controls also work.

Next things we plan to add soon is the ability to save multiple xlobby servers, movie controls, navigation controls, and custom voice triggers. One thing at a time though.

I think you'll like the voice recognition stuff, it's so easy to say "play artist weezer" or "play category rock" instead of finding it. You'll see.
Attachments
device-2012-02-23-193555.png
stevenhanna6

Postby lar282 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:24 am

Steven u are DA MAN

Browser fixed=confirmed
Voice command= So cool its almost Sciefi :D :D :D :D :D
My little bug with progressbar=still there

so cool -:)

//Lasse
lar282

Re: Xpad broken on latest build (FEB) SOLVED

Postby lpg on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks Steven. Still having problems launching movies.

Browser:
Direct control web works
8002:/web/ -- Launches movie highlighted in xlobby server

Android
With startup page blank or on custom screen -- Launches movie highlighted in xlobby server
lpg

Previous