Naylia's XLobbyMC Skin - Updated 1 JANUARY 2006 www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby rhinoman on Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:04 pm

Hi Naylia,

This is looking really good, is there or will ther be support for multiroom?

Thanks
rhinoman

Postby Naylia on Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:18 pm

It's on the list of todos, but it's kind of towards the bottom.
Naylia

Postby Naylia on Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:46 pm

I have some good news and some sad?/happy? news.

First the good news. The conversion to 720x480 and cleaning things up is coming well so sometime this week you will probably see updated 640x480, 720x480, and 1280x720 versions released along with the XRemote plugin added! Yeah!

Second the sad?/happy? news...
I'm taking two weeks vacation to Europe the first half of july, definitly good news! Also I've just won a copy of Meedio Essentials and Meedio Housebot from htpcnews.com, and I never win anything so that's good news but now I will have to experiment it and play the two programs against eachother. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out but unfortunately it means I'll probably be holding off on any future development right now. I will still be here answering questions and checking in every week/day, but the new functionality will slow down a little certaintly, especially since I'll be doing my best to avoid computes while on vacation.

In light of all this I've just now decided (while typing the above) that I'll put forth my best effort to release as much new capability this week as possible. Hopefully update baseline tonight or tommorrow and some new functionality during the week I'll even take some time of from GuildWars, my latest time killer/addiction, to try and get together some of the things I've been talking about earlier in the thread.

by the way, Guild Wars is very easily played on a SDTV and has many HD resolutions so check it out or drop me a note if you play it or if you've been thinking about getting it
Naylia

Postby jmb295 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:03 pm

Naylia,

Congrats on your win, and have fun on vacation! Thanks for all the work you've done with this skin, and I think its in good enough shape that people can edit to fit their needs perfectly.

Have fun with meedio, its a good program that I played with for several months. I eventually moved over to xlobby due to the wonderfull ppc support, and am happy I did. But everyone has different needs and should evaluate them theirself.
jmb295

Postby Naylia on Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:58 pm

Yeah, I'm hesitant about some things with it, but I figure I'll give it a go when I get back. I'm not sure about housebot, and I'm curious about Sage integration. Although I noticed this morning the MeedioSage plugin works exclusively using sendmessage commands and doesn't rely on focus. I have to find out how he did that and make that change to my skin. I know personally sometimes I can't give the focus back to xlobby for some reason using the sendfocus application and i think getting rid of any external application is a good thing. If I can kill off sendfocus it'd be one less link in a tenuos paper chain.
Naylia

v1.10 released!!

Postby Naylia on Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:39 am

v1.10 Changelog
-Integrated XRemote plugin
-Added My Radio w/ 420 shoutcast stations (still need to work on organization of this db)
-Included My Games (for more advanced users that can build their own dbs, i will update when the complete games plugin is available)
-Added 720x480 resolution...only resolution currently available for this version
Naylia

Postby Naylia on Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:43 am

So I take off tommorrow, and I've probably left a number of you with a tantalizing new version...(i really like xremote) so I'm sorry about only one resolution. If someone is willing to mod it and post other resolutions to the thread to help folks out that would be great, but I need to start packing so I can't do it myself. While I'm gone please post any issues you have so I can take care of them when I get back. See you in a few weeks! If i stumble upon internet on my vacation I'll try to answer any questions I can but I know there are some smart folks here to help out the new guys.
Naylia

Postby davidortiz661 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:20 pm

Thanks I will take a look when I get home, looking foward to the shoutcast.
davidortiz661

Postby lovingHDTV on Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:54 pm

I just downloaded and installed the new version. I like the net radio feature :)

It works fine on my computer, but the PPC screens have the text so larget that they do not show up on the buttons.

How do I scale the text down so that they work?

thanks,
lovingHDTV

Re: Naylia's XLobbyMC Skin - Updated 20 MAY 2005 www

Postby Hiller on Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:14 pm

Naylia wrote:INTEGRATION w/ SAGETV...
XLobbyMC will correctly wakeup and provide focus to a sleeping SageTV by pushing the My TV button in the main menu. There is an issue with SageTV passing focus back to XLobby when you put SageTV to sleep. This is a known bug that Frey is aware off. (it's not XLobby, Sage won't correctly give up focus to any program when it sleeps).

Naylia,

Why can't people just set Sage to minimize on sleep rather than goto that screensaver mode? I have never had a problem when I set things up this way.

Steve
Hiller

Postby jmb295 on Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:39 pm

lovingHDTV wrote:I just downloaded and installed the new version. I like the net radio feature :)

It works fine on my computer, but the PPC screens have the text so larget that they do not show up on the buttons.

thanks,

If you go to the skin editor, click on the text area you want to change. I believe there is a tab for display, and then a subtab for font ( i could be wrong on the display name but its one of them). You can specify all of the font information there, so change away.
jmb295

Just Trying to figure it out

Postby Alwayslearnin on Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:39 am

Hi Naylia,

I'm brand new to XLOBBY and only learned of it from the Sage Forum. I am interested in your skin because it matches the Sage skin for the MVP.

I attempted to do the radio thing with your skin, but each time I select a radio station, it plays one of my MP3s. :shock:

Also, I was trying to take examples from elsewhere and load my Netflix queue, but I didn't get very far with that either.

Just waiting for you stop having fun and come back to us! :wink:

I have a feeling I'm going to have a ton of questions.

Thanks for this great skin!
Alwayslearnin

Postby Naylia on Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:48 pm

Hey guys,

I'm back now!

lovingHDTV wrote:I just downloaded and installed the new version. I like the net radio feature :)

thanks,

Hmm, haven't tried the lastest load with my ppc I'll take a look at it and adjust fonts as necessary.

Hiller wrote:Naylia,

Why can't people just set Sage to minimize on sleep rather than goto that screensaver mode? I have never had a problem when I set things up this way.

Steve

I'll give that a shot, that would make things alot easier. I think the issue I had though is that even if Sage minimizes it won't give up it's focus. I'll take another look at it though. Opus even confirmed for me that he thought it's still a bug in 2.2.8.

Alwayslearnin wrote:I attempted to do the radio thing with your skin, but each time I select a radio station, it plays one of my MP3s.

any ideas anyone...does anyone else see this happening? Are you using winamp or foobar?

as far as netflix goes you may want to post in one of the other forums and see if anyone else has given it a shot, i'm guessing it's a different database you want to display
Naylia

Postby dgemily on Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:15 pm

Naylia wrote:
Alwayslearnin wrote:I attempted to do the radio thing with your skin, but each time I select a radio station, it plays one of my MP3s.

any ideas anyone...does anyone else see this happening? Are you using winamp or foobar?

maybe it's because there is an Enter Event "music:play album" assigned to the category "radio_stations" ...

later,
dgemily

Postby samgreco on Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:31 am

I saw this too. I'm using Winamp.
samgreco

PreviousNext