xremote and zplayer

title says it all

xremote and zplayer

Postby kerian on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:33 am

I am running the default Xlobby2 skin and have configured xremote plugin/ girder 3 to use my remote. All works fine but when I play a movie and zoom player goes into full screen I have no control with the remote so must use the keyboard or mouse to control it. Maybe I've setup something wrong in xremote but the zoomplayer commands work when selecting the commands from the SKIN/Zoomplayer screen in the Xremote config screen and pressing the TEST button. Do I have a Focus problem or is it a simple case of not selecting the right function? Is there any way of seeing the code being interpreted by Xremote when a event is sent by girder other than the zoomplayer function being executed?

any help greatly appreciated!
kerian

Xremote and Zoomplayer

Postby Neil on Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:21 am

Where do you configure the Zoomplayer commands to use with Xremote plugin? Do you place it in the Zoomplayer section or in the Movie Details (that is where it would normally be configured) The commands nedd to be in the last screen accessed before starting Zoomplayer.

Let me know if that helps at all.

Neil
Neil

Postby m_ski on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:09 pm

Is girder sending the remote commands to xlobby or to the foreground window? If it is to the foreground window then they will be going straight to zoomplayer - you need to target the commands to go to xlobby.
m_ski

Postby suutar on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:40 pm

What I did was make the zoomplayer functions the defaults for the play, pause, ffw, rwd, skip, stop, etc. and then override them in the few places (music, mostly) that I use those buttons for anything else. That way they work regardless of which screen zp got launched from (Movies, of course, but also a fairly large VideoFiles section).
suutar