installing a pinnacle usb2 pctv

Speak your mind

installing a pinnacle usb2 pctv

Postby fonetics on Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:19 pm

Pardon my ignorance but how do you connect a tv-card ? i don't see any clue in the GUI or helpfiles. As i started with this software mainly for having a tv-signal over my lan i hope this possible.
fonetics

Postby Kasperl on Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:36 pm

Now, I'm a bigger n00b then you are, but generally a TV card ought to be installed by just plugging it in the PCI slot, installing the software, plugging the cable in the back (the one you'd normally put in your TV), and RTFM'ng the stuff that came with the card.

As for running TV over the LAN, I'll let someone else comment on that.
Kasperl

Postby fonetics on Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:39 am

the tv card which is actually a usb device is installed, and working fine with the pinnacle software. so , let's assume the card's connected. i don't see any reference to the card in the configuration options.
fonetics

Postby BaddaBing on Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:49 am

Thats because there aren't any - at least not built into Xlobby. Some of the members here have worked at building PVR/TV card integrations. Do a search in the forums for XCTpvr or K!tv and you will find the threads. And just FYI, be prepared to spend some time on them because all will require at least a little tweaking in order to get them running on your PC. As for the TV over LAN - Xlobby currently doesn't do that. You might want to look at Sage TV. They have a server/client package that allows you to have a centralized PC running multiple tuners storing the shows to a central repository. The client software can then access the tuners and the shows over the network.
BaddaBing