Xlobby & Archsoft Tmt3 playback problems

V3 help and support questions

Xlobby & Archsoft Tmt3 playback problems

Postby Benson98 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:15 pm

Has anyone else had problems with Dvd Video/Audio playback when using Xlobby and Archsoft Tmt3? When I launch a movie with just Archsoft Tmt3 the movie plays fine (Both Audio and Video). When I use Xlobby and launch a movie in TMT3, the audio and video on TMT3 is very choppy/skips. Even if I just start Xlobby and then start Tmt3 on its own the audio/video is messed up.

I use Xlobby as frontend launcher, Music I use Winamp (I am trying to get Foobar to work with Xlobby and my Linn DS player but that is another problem) and Movies I use Tmt3.

I'm running the lastest Xlobby V3 on a:

Clean install of XP sp3.

Dell Xps420
2.4 Quad Core
4gb ram
Creativelabs Audigy 2 ZS - Using Spdif for audio
Geforce 260.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

-Benson98
Benson98

Re: Xlobby & Archsoft Tmt3 playback problems

Postby CaM on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:52 pm

hi, it could well be an audio issue.

You could try uninstalling the soundcard driver and see whether the video is ok.

CaM
CaM

Postby Benson98 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:01 pm

CaM,

Thanks for the tip, I tried removing the audio drivers last night and the video does not seem to skip now. Reinstalled the drivers from Creativelabs and the audio was back to skipping. Also tried uninstalling the drivers and installing the default drivers from Microsoft Windows Update and those do not work either.

I just find it strange that when TMT3 is running by itself the audio/video is fine. It is just when I boot up Xlobby that the audio has problems.

Thanks

-Benson98
Benson98

Postby CaM on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:28 am

Hi, you could also try the soundcard on the motherboard to see if its an issue with all soundcards.

You could also try the analogue out on the soundcard (5.1 if you can). Analgoue out will sound much better if your system allows it in any case.

Lastly, I would look at your refresh rate to make sure it is correct.

btw; I use TMT2 with no problems both with discs and ISO's. I run TMT2 via the commandline from within Xlobby.

CaM
CaM

Postby lpg on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:27 pm

I use TMT3 for DVD, HDDVD & Bluray playback. I have not had any problems with playback.
lpg

Postby rembetis on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:43 pm

Grasping at straws here, but perhaps your sound drivers don't like the fact that winamp is "grabbing" the spdif connection at the same time as TMT. Perhaps try taking Winamp out of the loop by removing it as the player and see if that makes a difference.
rembetis

Postby Benson98 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:20 pm

I switched to onboard audio and that seemed to work. Still do not know what was causing the problem with the Audigy card, some conflict somewhere. But since it is working now I"m happy.

Thank you for the help.

-Benson98
Benson98

Postby lpg on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:11 am

Did you try turning the onboard audio off. I have a lynx 2B pro audio card and it does not play well with most onboard audio devices.

Larry
lpg

Postby Benson98 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:26 am

Larry,

I had the onboard audio disabled before I started using TMT3. I was using the internal player in Xlobby and had no problems with the Audigy card (Onboard disabled) and dvds playing. I wanted to switch to TMT3 for HD and Blu-Ray support and then the problems started.

-Benson98
Benson98

Postby lpg on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:01 am

Are you playing from a hard drive or Disc? Are you running ANYDVDHD? Do you have anything like ffdshow running? In TMT3 do you have hardware acceleration turned on? Have you been able to observe the CPU utilization during play with and without xLobby playing?
lpg

Postby Benson98 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Larry,

Things I tried:
Playback from ISO files from local hard drives and NAS box.
Clean Install of WinXP SP3 OS wthout FFDshow and Anydvd.

TMT3:
Hardware acceleration On and Off.

I did not look at the CPU utilization though.

Still no go when using the Audigy card. Switched to Onboard Audio and it seems to be running fine now with both TMT3 and Xlobby running.

Thanks

-Benson98
Benson98