EPG - TVHolic 1.9.2

Speak your mind

EPG - TVHolic 1.9.2

Postby m_ski on Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:08 pm

I have just got the EPG program TVHolic working and it looks like a very good candidate for integration with xlobby...

It has many features;
Ability to setup exactly what command/batch file you want to execute when a program is selected or requested to be recorded
Can be integrated with Windows task scheduler (not sure if it will wake up the PC yet)
Has Season Pass recording functionality whare you can set up to record all of a particular program on one channel or on any channel
Manages recordings - can delete scheduled recordings
Keyboard shortcuts fully customisable so could be use with girder/remote without too much difficulty.

I am having a go at getting basic functionality set up even though I haven't yet purchased my TV card yet, it looks pretty good and very configurable so far.
Development looks to have been stopped on this program for a while, mainly due to it having been a myHTPC plugin which was obviously superceeded by Meedio. However, the author stated his intention to release the souce code so maybe somebody with more knowledge than me could modify the source to include as an xlobby plugin???

Make sure to read my post (mskilli1) in the forum link below in order to get it working with 2005 data though as the current download will only work up until the end of 2004.
If you are using xmltv data from the US I think you will need to use the option --old_chan_id when downloading with xmltv in order to get channel_id's in the form (C101 south.bbc.co.uk).

TVHolic Main Page: http://www.meedio.com/pub/Tools/TVHolic/Readme-TVHolic.htm
Thread on TVHolic: http://www.meedio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=177573#177573
m_ski

Postby lar282 on Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:41 pm

not really clear what u gain from the built in EPG. I run batch files today and I run task scheduler and record from the epg...

but it looks flashy

//Lasse
lar282

Postby m_ski on Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:45 pm

It adds;

- Season Passes
- Displays which programs have already been set to record with a red circle
- Conflict management - you can set it to run a particular batch file if there is a conflict.
- Command line options when recording/watching are VERY configurable using any one of about 20 different variables meaning that any TV-card s/ware should work.

I am not trying to put down your xschedule plugin Lasse, which is superb, but maybe a combination of the two would be perfect.

Also, I seem to be having a bit of trouble getting the EPG in xlobby to always display - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Probably something to do with my xmltv file.
m_ski

Postby lar282 on Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:03 pm

sounds cool.I'm just allergic to external apps these days.sorry for that.Had a bad day at work....

//Lasse
lar282

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:18 pm

I usto use the tvholic app a while back when it first started. I always liked how it worked and just wished there was something else that could have been done to make it integrate into xlobby better. I'm super interested in seeing something like this coming along. Best of luck.

-matt
mattdisaster