Code for autorepeat button HERE!

Help each other out

Re: Code for autorepeat button HERE!

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:56 pm

samsonlov wrote:Thanks lpg,

Yes, I know you need a copy for each machine. What I should have written to P3rv3tt3 is: "How many machines do you have running xLobby?"

3 currently: HTPC, P3rvette and Dev machine, but that just pure minium... obviously if u wanna go to some fancier setups u might run a copy for each zone or each touch screen... possibilities are endless (most probably the next addition for my setup will be kitchen lobby though). When Xlobby was offered for sale, it was made available about 2 weeks time and we should have prepared for all future growth possibilities in our setup... that and i could have thrown all of my dev work out of the window... is it really hard to see why i opted out?

EDIT: oops i forgot my tablet-remote (battery has crapped so it been on a side for while)... so yeah 4.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Re: Code for autorepeat button HERE!

Postby samsonlov on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:14 am

Okay, I understand that you wouldn't want to purchase 3 (or 4) separate licenses. But as far as "that and i could have thrown all of my dev work out of the window..." goes, it seems (to me) that with your programming skills, you'd probably be able to "migrate" a significant portion of your plugins into V3, and if you were actively working to improve xLobby I wouldn't be surprised if Wes made some special "accommodation" for you.

Obviously, since I don't work for Calrad or xLobby, I cannot speak for Wes or Steven, but from what I've seen here, it looks like you could make some nice contributions to making V3 even better, and I think they'd appreciate your efforts enough to do something about it - but that's just IMO.

And if/when you do decide to switch to V3, and some of your "dev work" isn't needed any more because more features (like auto-repeat for example) are "built-in", then you could just throw-out "some" of your dev work, and then you'll have even more time to create cool new plugins for V3. :D

Anyway, thanks for the clarification, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll come-up with next.
:)
samsonlov

Previous