Are there any 800x480 skins?

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Are there any 800x480 skins?

Postby mooneyass on Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:34 pm

Hi All,

I havent used xlobby for a while so I'm not really sure of the status of skinning and such. I'm putting a 7" WS LCD Touchscreen in my HT and am wondering if there are any 800x480 skins out there? I'm currently trying to figure out which of the many front-ends I'm going to use...

Also, how difficult is it to create your own skin?

Thanks in advance,

Wes
mooneyass

Postby Colby on Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:09 pm

Creating a skin from scratch is a lot more difficult than modifing a skin to suit your needs. I would suggest taking a skin you like and fixing it for your resolution.

Skinning isnt hard really, (especially compared to other front ends). The skin editor makes is really simple to customize the entire look, from fonts to graphics, layout to navigation. There are several excellent skinners that could help with anything. And my old skinning docadds lot of info about the skin editor. Good Luck!
Colby

Postby rembetis on Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:31 pm

I'm currently using Baddabing's Redeux II on a touchscreen in 800 x 600 and it works and looks great. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt it to 480, depending on how many features you need and what additional buttons you want to add.

Just open the skin in that res and see how squished it looks (F2 once Xlobby loads > Skins > Set resolution, though I think it defaults to your screen res. anyway). Reducing the buttons vertically and/or horizontally should get you close, and then maybe each background in Photoshop, downsize to 800 x 480 and save.

Good luck!
rembetis

Postby Naylia on Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:34 am

you could either squish a 800x600 skin a little, or you could try XLobbyMC which is in 720x480 and stretch things out a little

either way it's not really that hard, theoretically with the stretch you could do it just by adding more space inbetween objects, or making the category display windows a little wider (where the movies/music albums/playlists show up)
Naylia