Background Randomize

Skin graphics and skinning help

Background Randomize

Postby lpg on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:33 am

Wes or Steven could you provide some insight to using the Background play, background Randomize, and the Background Randomize Stop events. Especially, In the background randomize what can go in the backgrounds field?

Also for the HTTP get data is there a way to parse the string that is returned or will it have to be handled in an if/else construct?

Thanks Larry
lpg

Re: Background Randomize

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:54 pm

"background randomize"

takes two parameters, first is the delay between each background. The second is the file names. You can leave the second black and it will use all the background files in the background directory. If you give it a list of files instead you would do something like "default.jpg, backgroun2.jpg, sunshine.jpg", all three of those files have to be in the skins backgrounds directory, thats where it will look. Backgrounds are shuffled, then rotated through.

"background randomize stop"

stops the backgrounds from rotating, used to stop the "background randomize" command.

"background play", "background stop"

both commands related to video backgrounds, nothing to do with "background randomize"

Also for the HTTP get data is there a way to parse the string that is returned or will it have to be handled in an if/else construct?

If I remember correctly you can store the result in a variable, after which you could use the if/else to do whatever you want with it. As far is "parsing" the string results, I'm not sure what you are trying todo....extract data from it use regex expression matching? if it's simple, just do the if/else for that.
stevenhanna6

Postby lpg on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Thanks Steven.

My Directv Recievers have an IP interface as well as my Sharp Quattron TV's. The directv reciever will allow query for current station and recordings. I thought I was going to need to write a simple plugin until I ran into the HTTP event. I will try the if/else statements.

Thanks Larry
lpg

Postby lpg on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:58 pm

[quote="stevenhanna6"]"background randomize"

takes two parameters, first is the delay between each background. The second is the file names. You can leave the second black and it will use all the background files in the background directory. If you give it a list of files instead you would do something like "default.jpg, backgroun2.jpg, sunshine.jpg", all three of those files have to be in the skins backgrounds directory, thats where it will look. Backgrounds are shuffled, then rotated through.
quote]

I was hoping to randomize my fanart as backgrounds. I have a program that will download multiple fanart inages for all of my movies. I know I can create a field in the movies database and use it that way (my program already does this). I was looking to use a different fanart image everytime I clicked on a movie.

Larry
lpg