Zoomplayer Control on 2nd Monitor

Speak your mind

Zoomplayer Control on 2nd Monitor

Postby mkaylor on Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:44 am

Forgive me if this has been asked a 100 times before.....

I have a Rosen 15" Touch Panel on one video card and I'm just getting around to installing the second video card to feed the projector. Too lazy to install it, easier to just use a D/A.

My question is I know XLOBBY supports multiple monitors but how do I get XLOBBY to go to a Zoomplayer control page while the second monitor runs zoomplayer and the movie? Or does it already have the control screen and I'm just not seeing it do to running in single monitor mode at the moment?

If it does this, can I make other programs do this too??? After all, the Touch Panel Page (XLOBBY) should control the app even after the movie or whatever has started in dual monitor mode.

How about on a single monitor running as a client???

Thanks, wheels are turning :idea: <GRIN>,
Mike
mkaylor

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:18 pm

My question is I know XLOBBY supports multiple monitors but how do I get XLOBBY to go to a Zoomplayer control page while the second monitor runs zoomplayer and the movie? Or does it already have the control screen and I'm just not seeing it do to running in single monitor mode at the moment?

you would have to make your own zoomplayer control screen that interfaces to zoomplayer through girder, so you create your custom screen, add some buttons, assigne girder events to those buttons and your done. Well the last step would be getting xlobby to switch to your control screen when you start a dvd. I think thats what your trying to do.
stevenhanna6

Postby slim31 on Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:05 pm

What I did to get mine working like that was to set the primary display for my Windows 2000 machine to my touchscreen. I had to set it in the bios to PCI. I prefer to use my AGP slot's card to feed the projector. I use an ATI 9700 Pro card and WinDvd 5 or ZoomPlayer Pro.

Once this is done load ZoomPlayer to your projectors display and make it full screen. I am able to simply drag the window over to the projectors display and then made it full screen.

Personal preference here: I set both ZoomPlayer and Xlobby to load at startup in windows. Since each app. has multimonitor support they simply reload to the correct display. Now I can control my HTPC via the touch screen. As the movie plays on the projector I still have control via the touch screen sitting on the end table right next to me. I did extend my windows desktop to the projector simply to have the custom wallpaper display there also. Since both screens run at different resolutions I had to do a little tweaking with the image but it works well.
slim31