Change Default Album Click Behavior

Help each other out

Change Default Album Click Behavior

Postby CiXel on Thu May 01, 2008 3:19 pm

In the music view screen, the default behavior when clicking on a track is PLAY NOW. For user sake, I would much rather have the default action here be to "add to playlist" opting to use the separate button to PLAY NOW. My issue is, I can't seem to see where this default command PLAY NOW is assigned.
There are no general click events assigned, item events are limited to the last two buttons, there is no selection event and there is no info screen etc.

Where am I missing this elusive command?
CiXel

Re: Change Default Album Click Behavior

Postby S Pittaway on Thu May 01, 2008 3:44 pm

try

music:track add - when this has been called it will add a track when you click on a track
music:track play - default, when this has been called it will play a track when you click on a track

Or if you are on pay lobby you can over-ride the default behavuor and do what ever you want (look at category, item, event).
S Pittaway

Postby CiXel on Thu May 01, 2008 4:32 pm

Yeah, I am working on pay lobby, but I can't seem to find where this default behavior exists in the first place.
(I can modify it by overriding the Category > Item and that does work)
The weird part here is that even if I go into Category > item and remove the 'event' from the last item (which is the playlist add/remove toggle) it still works! I even confirmed via the XML that is was gone. Strange.
CiXel

Postby BaddaBing on Thu May 01, 2008 7:34 pm

Set the desired behaviour in: Event Manager > Skins > Start Up

baddabing
BaddaBing

Postby S Pittaway on Fri May 02, 2008 7:30 am

Sorry i dident realise you was talking about the album :) (i guess the title wasent specific enuff! :))

The events you want to play with are:

command:music:album add
command:music:album play
command:music:album open

Like bada said, call the one you want (command:music:album play) from the startup group.
S Pittaway