Zalman HD-160 MCE Remote and XLobby

Xlobby plugin development

Zalman HD-160 MCE Remote and XLobby

Postby cygnusaa on Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:26 pm

Hi all,

I am running a Zalman HD-160 case which came with the VFD and MCE remote. It also came with IRTrans software.

I am a noob when it comes to messing around with IR stuff but I have a simple question that may save me lots of time. Here goes....

I do not use MCE nor plan to. Can I use the included software and remote that the Zalman shipped with to control XLobby and my other A/V devices? I am running WinXP, XLobby, Theatertek, Foobar etc.

Looking for simple yes or no. If yes, then I understand I will have to program it and set it up to do so; I dont expect it to begin working without doing so. I just want to know if I would be wasting my time trying. Also, if yes, if I can do so with another software program other than the included IRTrans product can you point me in the right (free) direction?

As an alternative, I have my eyes on a Harmony 880 or 890 to control everything.

(I have an ATI remote laying around and I tried that and it worked but cant program it to my liking and its fugly)

:D
cygnusaa

Postby dgemily on Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:25 pm

keep an eye on xremote plugin : http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3244

if you can find a plugin for girder ( for your remote) then It will aslo work with xremote...
dgemily

Postby cygnusaa on Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:27 pm

dgemily,

thanks for the info. i downloaded the xremote plugin and put it into the proper folder.

so far this helps alot...xlobby began responding immediately to the remotes commands and im able to navigate.

now i will noodle with it to see if it will do everything that i need.

thank you very much.

if anyone else has any suggestions or advice , please chime in as i havent settled on a permanent solution yet and im open to some slight configuration changes (ie. input device)
cygnusaa