Anybody use Noteburner???

Speak your mind

Anybody use Noteburner???

Postby scottw on Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Anybody here use Noteburner???

90% of our music comes from iTunes but getting that on the XL server is difficult for my wife. I had tried using the plugin for Winamp to play iTunes DRMed files and they played but I had sporadic problems so I stopped using it, and prefer just to have regular MP3's anyway. Until now my process to get the songs on the XL server were to goto whichever laptop they were downloaded onto (mine or my wife's), somehow convert them to MP3(tried a few different ways) and then copy them to the appropriate folder on the XL server. I have all my music sort as:
Artist1
--Song 1
--Song 2

Artist2
--etc

No album folders, and I import into XL using "Use Directory Structure" so each song has to go into the folder for that particular Artist.

I just installed the latest version of Noteburner which is basically a "virtual CDRW" drive. The latest version allows you to pick an output folder by "scheme" like C:\noteburner\<Artist>\<Title>. I shared my music folder on the XL server and just point Noteburner to output to that. I also made a simple batch file which sends an xSend command from the laptop to the XL server to run my "import music" event.
So now all she has to do it go into iTunes (which she already familiar with), DL the music, add it to a blank playlist in iTunes, burn playlist to disk (Noteburner) and when it's done run the xSend batch file, SWEEEEET :lol:

Now I just need to find a way to fire the xSend batch automatically after the burning is done :D

Other people may have a better way of doing this but I figured I would share in case it helps someone else.
You can get a trial at http://www.noteburner.com/ but will only convert the first 3min. of each song.

Hope this helps someone!!!!
scottw