DOWNLOAD ColbySkin 2.0

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby Colby on Sat May 06, 2006 1:17 am

jlcrawford wrote:.. I also would like to get the word "paused" to change to playing or paused depending on the state of the pause button - is it something to do with toggling?

What is happening is that when you press pause button (default toggle is pause) it changes the playing time to paused and toggles to play. When you hit play the paused toggles off, and play time comes back on. Does yours not do that? Mine does here.
Colby

Postby jlcrawford on Sat May 06, 2006 5:24 pm

Hi Colby
In my music screen the pause button toggles the play and pause function in winamp and foobar but under the progress bar on the right of the screen the word "Paused" is displayed regardless of the state of play/pause - I presumed it was supposed to show "playing" and "paused" for the respective state.
cheers
jlcrawford

Postby Colby on Sat May 06, 2006 7:55 pm

jlcrawford wrote:I presumed it was supposed to show "playing" and "paused" for the respective state.
cheers

Close. It should say "paused" or "1:01 / 3:56" (playing time)
this is done by using a set text event to the textbox ID playtime
Make sure the text of this text box is audioplayer>time>%elapsed% / %total%
Does it say paused from enter of the skin/music screen?
Colby

Postby bkilburn on Sun May 07, 2006 4:44 pm

Hi Colby

I have I hope a simple question about your excellent skin. I am pretty much using it unaltered and import music with the setting artist/album using id3 but not ignoring folders. The question arises when using the search facility for searching against songs. As an example i will take 8 Mile which is a compilation of songs by different artists and in my database it is under Various Artists. If you search against say eminem under artist it brings up his own albums and "other albums" in which you can find one of the songs on 8 mile. if however you search under Songs for "lose Yourself" which is also under one of his own albums - you get a blank album cover "eminem - lose yourself" and if you select this the albumtracks overlay has nothing in it to select. I haven't changed your settings so is this simply not achievable? I know you can find the song from Artists but you don't always know the artists name.

Thanks Barry Kilburn
bkilburn

Postby jlcrawford on Sun May 07, 2006 8:35 pm

Hi Colby
it always says paused on entry to the music screen.I will try the text you posted - is there a space either side of the / ?
thanks again
jlcrawford

Postby bkilburn on Mon May 08, 2006 5:49 pm

Hi Colby

I think i have cracked the problem re "tracknames". In your events section the word has a capital T and changing that to a small t seems to bring up all the selections. Very odd.

One further question. If i want to compile a long playlist using the search facility is there any way to prevent the overlay closing after each selection. i.e. can you chose say 50 different tracks and then manually close the overlay and see them all selected in the playlist.

Thanks
bkilburn

Postby jlcrawford on Mon May 08, 2006 8:27 pm

Close. It should say "paused" or "1:01 / 3:56" (playing time)
this is done by using a set text event to the textbox ID playtime
Make sure the text of this text box is audioplayer>time>%elapsed% / %total%
Hi Colby
next problem - when I put the text event into the box it works and I get the elapsed / Total displayed as you have indicated.
Unfortunately when I click pause- paused shows up but it doesnt revert to the time /elapsed on the second click when playback resumes and the text event is overwritten with the word paused in the id playtime text box.
It must be to do with the play/pause button I believe - any advice on this one.
cheers
jlcrawford

Postby el_cabong on Sat May 13, 2006 2:42 am

i changed my music page so that it initially shows just artist name, then i click on an artist, the overlay comes up, i have to close the overlay to then choose what album i want, where the overlay comes up again...

how can i make it so that the overlay only comes up when its in the album screen

thanks for the help
el_cabong

Postby Colby on Sat May 13, 2006 4:26 am

el_cabong wrote:i changed my music page so that it initially shows just artist name...

how did you change it? Explain your import.
Colby

Postby el_cabong on Sat May 13, 2006 4:47 am

there was an option that i changed

artist>album
instead of just album

so now when i go to the music screen, it lists the artist name, then when an artist is clicked on (the background goes to the album screen) the overlay screen comes up showing the first album of the artist. i then have to exit out of the overlay to choose the cd that i want

can i make it so that the overlay comes up only after i select the album
el_cabong

Postby bkilburn on Sat May 13, 2006 7:23 pm

Colby. Is it correct that the previous page/next page buttons on the overlay_playlist screen do not change the pages on the overlay even though they change them on the music screen? i want to make a long playlist and be able to go to different pages to make changes or delete songs and at the moment it seems stuck on page one.
bkilburn

Postby Colby on Sat May 13, 2006 9:56 pm

bkilburn wrote:Colby. Is it correct that the previous page/next page buttons on the overlay_playlist screen do not change the pages on the overlay even though they change them on the music screen? i want to make a long playlist and be able to go to different pages to make changes or delete songs and at the moment it seems stuck on page one.

Here is a weird one for you. I dont know why it stopped working, but do this.
1. open skin editor(f2)
2. goto overlay_playlist page
3. remove the events from next and previous buttons
4. add the events back (event skin>playlist>nextpage.. etc)
5. close skin editor.
Viola!
Colby

Postby bkilburn on Sun May 14, 2006 6:25 am

I have done exactly as you said (except i assume you meant pause/break rather than F2) and removed the events and reassigned them but it makes no difference. when i operate them i can see the pages changing on the music screen in the background but the playlist overlay remains unchanged. Is there something wrong with the screen itself? I notice the playlist has an id of "m3udelete" is that significant?
bkilburn

Postby Mannyman on Wed May 31, 2006 6:36 pm

Hi Colby,
1st time poster, longtime fan.
I just wanted to thank you for your skin, as it is what got me into using Xlobby. I've uploaded a small video on Google showing off a slightly modified version. I use Xlobby with your skin as a frontend for my touchscreens. With this frontend I control my PowerHome home automation setup (lights, home theatre, etc.), and my security cameras(ebay dvr). Expect a donation soon.

Thanks again,
Manny
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8217264706518602180
Mannyman

Previous