Ideas for sorting movies

Got an idea, post it here

Ideas for sorting movies

Postby Mac on Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:19 pm

[1] I would like to sort movies by a range of movie times. For example, if I've only got 2 hours to spend watching a movie, I would like to be able to see a list of my all of my movies 2 hours or less. As it is programmed now, I have to see a movie list based on a specific time (i.e. all movies with a runtime of 110 minutes, 90 minutes, etc.)

Is there any an easy way to edit the movies.xml database to accomplish this? Or could this feature be included in the next xlobby version?

[2] Also, I would like to have the filtered database be modified by multiple filter parameters. For example, if I want to watch a PG rated animated movie and I only have 2 hours, I would like to select the rating button and have only PG movies displayed (as it currently does). Then I would like to select the genre button and chose "animated" to get a list of movies from the already PG-filtered movie list. To narrow my selection even further, I would then like to filter out all of those movies less than 2 hours. The final list of movies will be PG animated movies less than 2 hours runtime.

thanks.
Mac
Mac

Postby stevenhanna6 on Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:34 am

i think someone brought these ideas up before, I have nothing against them except they arent the easiest thing to add and there are more important things right now. I'll write them down anyways incase the mood arises to finally add it.
stevenhanna6