Tinted Glass Skin Development/Support

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Tinted Glass Skin Development/Support

Postby mememe on Thu May 29, 2008 12:32 am

This skin has changed drastically since posting this. Check the last page for the most recent version and screens of it. I just keep this here so that people can see how it evolved in case they see something they like or have a suggestion for something I didn't think of.

I've only been working on this for 2 days so please be gentle. It is designed primarily for use on my Plasma screen (I'll be porting it to that size later) where bright static images are a bad thing. I didn't intend it as an "Aero" theme, but that's what my GF and friends have started to call it. There are still some things that need to be figured out, but here is what I've got going right now:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

The Music Viewer is the same as the TV viewer only with a square art window. However, where the TV viewer has the plot, I would like the music viewer to have the track list. I'd also like to be able to add tracks to the queue simply by choosing them from that list. Any idea on how I do that?
Last edited by mememe on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mememe

Re: Aero type theme

Postby rika on Thu May 29, 2008 3:16 pm

Always nice to see new skins.
Welcome to the forum. Great work, keep it up!

Rika
rika

Postby sharp_1 on Thu May 29, 2008 3:30 pm

Your skin looks awesome so far!!!

Your add to playlist question: Couldn't you create an overlay where the songs would be available for selection to the playlist? Use the music>playlist add event within the overlay.
sharp_1

Postby mememe on Thu May 29, 2008 8:16 pm

sharp_1 wrote:Your skin looks awesome so far!!!

Your add to playlist question: Couldn't you create an overlay where the songs would be available for selection to the playlist? Use the music>playlist add event within the overlay.

I was finishing up the music viewer today. Here is what it looks like:

I'm having a couple of problems with it. The first problem is that, as you can see in the screenshot, the viewer defaults to whatever the last album "viewed" was rather than the tracklist for the current album. In this case, I am looking at American Idiot by Greenday, but the tracklist is for Prolonging the Magic by Cake. If I hit "next album" it all syncs up properly, but I don't want to have to do that every time. How do I tell it to show the one I clicked on rather than the last one up?

Second problem is still the track problem. I've tried:

music>playlist add
music>track add
musci>play

and a few others. None of them worked. music>play all works, but that adds every track of every album to the playlist. I just want to click on the track name in the viewer and have it add that track to the playlist. Am I missing something here? I can't even get it to add single tracks in the default skin.
mememe

Postby sharp_1 on Thu May 29, 2008 9:08 pm

While you are in your music screen:
Image Image

If that doesn't work then I think it may be the way you imported your music to xLobby. Do other skins work OK?

Have fun!!
sharp_1

Postby mememe on Thu May 29, 2008 9:16 pm

sharp_1 wrote:While you are in your music screen:

-images removed for clarity-

If that doesn't work then I think it may be the way you imported your music to xLobby. Do other skins work OK?

Have fun!!

This is what I have:

The viewer is an overlay. I know how to manipulate the images and such. The problem I'm having is that I can't acutally add the musical track to the playlist. I want to click on a track in this window:

which is the same as the "musicdetails" window in the default musicviewer. It's simply the list of tracks. I want to assign an event that allows me to select the track I want from that window, and by clicking on it, have it add that track (and that track only) to the playlist. Every time I try to do it though, it doesn't work and adds nothing to the playlist.

I tried using the default skin with a completely clean copy of xlobby and imported the music the same way. It won't do it either.
mememe

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu May 29, 2008 9:20 pm

sure u got category>execute command in the event?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby mememe on Thu May 29, 2008 9:32 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:sure u got category>execute command in the event?

You mean like these? These are the events I've tried and none of them worked.

music>playlist add
music>track add
musci>play

ImageImage
mememe

Postby sharp_1 on Thu May 29, 2008 9:39 pm

Maybe your image.png is covering up your tracknames?
sharp_1

Postby sharp_1 on Thu May 29, 2008 9:41 pm

http://www.imagebam.com/image/c40e146998828

I don't think any events should be assigned here...someone correct me if I'm wrong???
sharp_1

Postby mememe on Thu May 29, 2008 9:42 pm

sharp_1 wrote:Maybe your image.png is covering up your tracknames?

What image.png? I can see the tracknames just fine. They're right there in the screenshots. Any images inside the tracklist are by using the category "display" controls. The category itself is at the "front" of the skin so there is nothing on top of it in any way.

Edit: I tried the event there and also in the regular "event" tab. Neither one has produced a result.
mememe

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu May 29, 2008 9:47 pm

mememe wrote:
P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:sure u got category>execute command in the event?

You mean like these? These are the events I've tried and none of them worked.

music>playlist add
music>track add
musci>play

Those are not events, theyre commands, Events are ordered sets (not a set in strict sense, cause can contain same command n-times, but u get the point) of parametrized commands.

U actually dont need category>execute like i do, with my separate buttons which i need, cause in touchscreen theres no way to discern between selection action and execution by click. For u the click event will launch the execution so disregard that earlier comment.

But key here is to keep in mind that commands like "music>playlist add" or "music>track add" are not commands in traditional sense so that they would execute something as soon theyre launched. They just change state of the category execution event. So my guess is u need to place "music>track add" as enter event for the cat to make sure that track add will be set as execution event before user clicks cat item to execute it.
Last edited by P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu May 29, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby mememe on Thu May 29, 2008 9:48 pm

I GOT IT!!! The event itself had been damaged and didn't have any command associated with it. Don't ask me how, I have no idea. You were also right about the event tabs. The regular "event" tab is where it worked. I simply corrected the event so that it had the proper command. Then I used music>playlist add. It seems to work fine now. Thanks for the replies.

Now, any idea on making sure it pulls up the track list for the current disc rather than the last one the viewer was looking at?
mememe

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu May 29, 2008 10:00 pm

mememe wrote:Now, any idea on making sure it pulls up the track list for the current disc rather than the last one the viewer was looking at?

Usually i dont bother to make guesses like old ladies... but have u tried to cross that "instant update" on the mother cat, does it help?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby mememe on Thu May 29, 2008 10:08 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:
mememe wrote:Now, any idea on making sure it pulls up the track list for the current disc rather than the last one the viewer was looking at?

Usually i dont bother to make guesses like old ladies... but have u tried to cross that "instant update" on the mother cat, does it help?

Just tried it on the "music" category" and it didn't work. I tried it on the "musicdetails" and it didn't work. Finally, I tried on both and it didn't work.
mememe

Next