Download to Ipod?

Speak your mind

Download to Ipod?

Postby Colby on Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:06 pm

I use Xlobby mainly for as touchscreen mp3 jukebox. I love the database and graphical interface. It almost does exactly what I want it to.

The next big thing for me is to have some way to download/upload the music to a portable mp3 player ie. an Ipod. I dont have a clue how to do it. I have a copy of girder but never used it, (dont know if would help anyway?)

Ideally I would want a button on my Xlobby like ADD and PLAY called TRANFER, where it would download the song, album, or playlist to my mobile player device.

Once again I have know clue how this would be done, Any help with this would be great! Thanks.
Colby

Postby Hiller on Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:19 pm

I am going to assume that you have an ipod...

Is there a piece of software that came with the device for downloads? My gut feeling is that with so many portable media players out there, it would be very difficult to cater to everyone's needs. If there is software that came with the device, you should be able to use girder to open the program and have it download (but then again, I have never seen the software).

Steve
Hiller

Postby Colby on Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:47 pm

Actually I dont have an ipod, my buddy does. I have an mp3 player that takes flash memory sticks. I want xlobby to copy the music from the database to the flash drive, or ipod. Its not really a software thing. its more like xlobby saying,
"copy D:/music/album/song to E: (the flash drive)"

how would xlobby make the actual files move?
and if I created a playlist how would it move all of those songs?

thanks
Colby

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:57 pm

I can see this

"copy D:/music/album/song to E: (the flash drive)"

being done very easily once I give you guys the ability to use the variables from a selected item. It would be something like

"copy %category>music>parameter% E:"

this would trigger the actual copy command within a hidden command prompt so it would exactly like executing the real command "copy D:/music/album/song to E:"

and if I created a playlist how would it move all of those songs?

now thats a little different, I would have make a special funtion to do that.
stevenhanna6

Postby JLF on Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:49 pm

Does anyone know where we are with this? I would like to add an individual song and/or a playlist of songs to a memory card or pen drive to use in an mp3 player or work computer.

Thanks,
JLF
JLF

Postby Colby on Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:05 pm

stevenhanna wrote:...being done very easily once I give you guys the ability to use the variables from a selected item. It would be something like

"copy %category>music>parameter% E:"

Does this actually work?
Colby

Postby lar282 on Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:26 am

I actually added this feature in the dvdburn plugin.

there's 2 commands
1/ copy playing playlist songs to xxx
2/ copy selected playlist songs to xxx

if u are interested i'll tell u more.its in the plugin section but no doc.there is however a sample screen that will get u started

//Lasse
lar282

Postby edgley on Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:33 am

You wont be able to just copy files onto an Ipod, it doesnt store them that way.

Other MP3 players, like the Iriver, does and it will be possible.
edgley

Postby thephantomlord on Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:05 pm

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would post this if anyone was still interested.

There is a program called Itunes Library Updater that will automatically update your Itunes library and if you want also force an update to the Ipod itself. It can be executed from a command line so it would be easy enough to execute from XL. I use a predefined profile to choose the directories to update to Itunes but I believe you can also set that on the fly.

This statement transfers nightly copies of the Daily Show to my Ipod.

C:\Program Files\iTunes Library Updater\ITLUconsole.exe /p:F:\TVShows\AutoIpod\TvShowsTransfer.itlu
thephantomlord

Postby capecodscot on Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:29 pm

Do you have any idea how to upload music from an ipod into xlobby?

Thanks
capecodscot

Postby sagitaz on Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:00 pm

i don't test because not have mp3player, but i think Xscan can do it.

http://www.xlobby-france.com/forums/ind ... st&p=22741

sorry it's the frech forum
sagitaz