Help with DVD Profiler PLEASE

title says it all

Help with DVD Profiler PLEASE

Postby NebrGuy on Sat May 15, 2004 4:11 am

OK, maybe I'm blind...maybe I'm just a bit...well, anyway.

I've been messing around with XLobby now for about a month. I've got most everything up and running without any problems. The one exception is getting my dvd info loaded into XLobby. I'm using the 40.alpha.17, I think that's the latest, and dvd info is in .xml format from dvd profiler.

Is there any documentation on how to get this set up? I did a search and found a number of articles, but can't find a complete "step by step" instruction and can't seem to figure it out with the bits and pieces I have found.

If it helps, my .xml file from dvd profiler is located at c:\dvd collection\collection.xml and my dvd profiler is located at c:\program files\InterVocative Software\DVD Profiler.

What info do I put where in XLobby's setup database screen? Thanks in advance.
NebrGuy

Postby rtarver on Sat May 15, 2004 8:25 am

This is what I did, and it may not be the fastest, or even best way. It was late and it worked. I exported as you did. Then I deleted the file movies.xml from the database folder. From the import tab in the database manager, I browsed to the file that contained the Profiler generated .xml file in the xml database text box. I then clicked the 'import' button.

As I said before, profiler puts it's own directory structure in it's xml file. Since I do all my work on my downstairs pc (trying to keep the htpc clean) I had to edit the movies.xml file that xlobby generates. It was a simple thing to do a 'find and replace' to switch the location of all my cover art. I chose to keep the label system that profiler used.

I also banged my head a little on this process. I discovered it always helped when I had deleted the movies.xml from the database folder before I did an xml import.

Hope this helps.

Russ
rtarver

Postby NebrGuy on Sat May 15, 2004 3:15 pm

I tried your suggestion this morning. When I press the button to import, it just seems to hang. The status bar doesn't move and it doesn't make any change from the "label1" status in the upper pane of the import screen. I let it run for about 15 minutes and no change.

Here's what I did.
1. Deleted the movie db from the db setup screen.
2. Clicked on the import tab
3. In the "New DB" box I typed "movies"
4. In the folder box I pointed to the folder containing my dvd profiler's exe file
5. The XML box points to the xml file created by profiler
6. Imoprt From box is left blank.

Everything else I left as is. And it sits and sits and sits, as do I. I have a little more than 100 movies in dvd profiler. I wouldn't think it would take that long to import one movie as 100 would take forever.
NebrGuy

Postby NebrGuy on Sat May 15, 2004 3:55 pm

Never mind, it finally loaded. The pictures are tiny. Will have to do some editing of the screen I think.
NebrGuy