Need to correct Movie path using Dvd Pro & CC Viewer

Help each other out

Need to correct Movie path using Dvd Pro & CC Viewer

Postby carlt7 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:40 am

I am using last free version of XL (2/28/07 exe.) I am using Cinematic Collection Viewer (Tom Gaines) to convert DVD Profiler 3.5 database and have followed directions for importing the converted info: I get the coverart and plot for all movies when importing; however, I am not able to play my “Online” movies from the external hard drive with 200 movies. The correct path for playing the movies is not correct if you go to “edit” movies database: all movie titles are checked “offline Item” and the parameter is video_ts (no path to the hard drive/movies.) If you import from Basic - “Media Paths” all movies on hard drive are imported with correct movie path and offline will be unchecked, movies will play, but no coverart or plots. QUESTION: How do you get coverart, plots, and the correct path to play the movies? I have tried everything possible from reading posts and have printed a ream of paper with answers. I hate to give up and use VMC with My Movies unless I can solve this problem. My son has the full blown XL system and it is awesome, but I can’t justify spending that much money to play movies. Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. (I posted this earlier in another section and it was suggested I repost. Thanks for your consideration
carlt7

Re: Need to correct Movie path using Dvd Pro & CC Viewer

Postby ironcross on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:19 am

When you do an import are you only getting the movies from the DVD Profiler export or are you getting duplicates (i.e. one from DVD Profiler and one from the drive)? Make sure movie folders are named the same as the movie title if you are getting duplicates. Are you pointing the import settings to the correct drive?
ironcross

Postby carlt7 on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Movie names are the same located in external M drive. I will get duplicates if I point to the external drive under F2 – Basic – Movies path . DVD Profiler conversion will have the coverart and plot. Problem here is that you cannot launch the movie because under Edit DB you will see the movie as “Offline” and there is no path pointing to the external drive.The instructions for importing the converted file leaves the Basic/Movies path blank when importing. It is easy enough to uncheck the offline entry, but I would hate to have to manually enter the path for 200 movies. The other duplicate will be blank – no cover art or text – and the movie will launch and play. Is there a way to globally point the path to ie, M:\movie title\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO by editing one of the XML files?
carlt7

Postby lpg on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:09 pm

This is the Baddabing guide I used when I first set up xlobby many years ago. It has a section on directory structure, dvd profiler, and importing the movies. Here is a link to the document:
http://lpgiese.googlepages.com/xlobbyskins
lpg