Trouble launching TheaterTek

Speak your mind

Trouble launching TheaterTek

Postby chrisg on Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:16 pm

II can't get theatertek (2.1) to launch properly when a dvd (stored on hard disk) is clicked on. xlobby can find the movies ok, and tries to launch
theatertek, which launches but does not play the movie. It just sits there like
it doesn't recognize the movie you told it to launch - using theatertek's
"Open" dialog after it launches works fine.

Any ideas? I have tried a couple of different skins I downloaded, but have not customized xlobby in any way.
chrisg

Postby hvs69 on Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:19 pm

Click F2 and look under "File type" tab and make sure that your file-type (ISO or whatever) is defined properly. This will include providing the location of your application (theater-tek in this case), command line switches, parameters such as your iso image name etc. Once this section is defined, all you need to do is associate your Play Movie button on your screen to "execute" event under category (Event Manager) and should work.

I am hoping that you have already read some on-line documentation that is available on this site. Otherwise, the above paragraph would not make much sense to you.

If you still have difficulty, I will try to help you
hvs69

Postby chrisg on Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:24 am

Is it just me, or are the command line options for theatertek completely undocumented? I have a paid for copy and couldn't find them anywhere online or on disk.

hvs69 wrote:Click F2 and look under "File type" tab and make sure that your file-type (ISO or whatever) is defined properly. This will include providing the location of your application (theater-tek in this case), command line switches, parameters such as your iso image name etc. Once this section is defined, all you need to do is associate your Play Movie button on your screen to "execute" event under category (Event Manager) and should work.

I am hoping that you have already read some on-line documentation that is available on this site. Otherwise, the above paragraph would not make much sense to you.

If you still have difficulty, I will try to help you
chrisg

Postby stevenhanna6 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:10 am

I'm not sure, but the theatertek command line switches used to be on their online forum.
stevenhanna6

Postby lar282 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:09 am

stevenhanna6 wrote:I'm not sure, but the theatertek command line switches used to be on their online forum.

http://www.theatertek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4826
lar282