Can xlobby do what I want? DIT

Speak your mind

Can xlobby do what I want? DIT

Postby jpoz on Tue May 31, 2005 7:27 pm

I would like to run a little PC and have it push out MP3s and FM radio (via a tuner card) and have it all controllable via a Pocket PC over a wireless LAN. The PC will be plugged into an external amplifier for use on a deck.

Thanks.
jpoz

Postby summerall on Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:04 am

Yeap, xlobby will definately be able to serve up all your mp3 music via a wireless PPC. The FM radio might take some other apps/hardware like USB-IRT. Out of the box it does support internet radio which I sometimes like better than FM.
summerall

Postby briands on Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:22 pm

I've not really gotten into the internet radio thing... Call me old fashioned or something... But a LOT of the streams I have heard are VERY POOR quality. Are there really good quality internet radio stations out there? Any recomendations? (mostly classic rock genre)

I'm sure I could do a google search, but that will turn up a lot of crap. I prefer to have the crap pre sifted.

Do you need additional software?
briands

Postby Arthur on Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:59 am

Whether you can use an fm radio card depends on how you want to use it :) .

If you don't want to see your radio card software but just want to use buttons from within xlobby to change settings on your radio, well....... it's hard and limited. Some program's are available which can change the frequency of the card. THose can also be instruced from an other program. But you can not get any info from the radio card back for display in xlobby. You canj seach in myhtpc forums. Some people are working very hard on this item.

So I have taken a different approach. When I click on the radio button, xlobby goes to an empty screen and then opens my radio app (terratec cynergy 600). This way I also have the RDS info on my screen.
The only problem which remaind was that if I went to a different screen, let's say pictures, and back to radio, the radio app was behind xlobby. Setting focus on the radio can be done with a little program, I think it is called setfocus.exe, just search this forum. I use girder, but I think it can also be done using recent xlobby versions. I you like, I can send you the girder gml file.
Arthur

Postby jpoz on Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:40 pm

Arthur
Will all of this work remotely using a PocketPC?
jpoz

Postby Arthur on Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:29 pm

As I don't use a pocket pc, I'm not sure.

People using a pocket pc use it to send commands to XLobby. Well, in your case you want to send a command to xlobby to start the radio. That will work, but I don't know if you can see the radio app on your pocket pc.
Arthur

Postby hjackson on Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:48 am

Arthur, I believe you can solve this problem by using the XMoveWindow plugin. That way you can pick and choose which windows from your FM program that you want visible in your Xlobby skin. Do a search on the XMoveWindow plugin to check out more about it.

hjackson
hjackson