Convert Netremote CCF to XLobby skin?

Speak your mind

Convert Netremote CCF to XLobby skin?

Postby Aaron on Mon May 10, 2004 12:03 am

I'm currently a Netremote user (there are quite a few!) and I'm looking to move over to XLobby if I can get the PPC client working on my SimPad SL4 (WinCE 4.1).

Has anyone considered building a converter for the CCF format into the XLobby format?

I have worked VERY hard on the skin for my CCF (as have others) and this would be a huge win for XLobby as it could possibly gain hundreds of users.

just to give you an idea of why I'd like a converter, here's some screen shot of my skin with Netremote...

http://members.cox.net/alevey/netremote/netremote.htm
Aaron

Postby Roscoe62 on Mon May 10, 2004 8:17 pm

Affini,

That is indeed a very nice set of screens. Of course you CAN convert those over to XLobby's format but you'd currently have to do it manually. I do like the idea of being able to convert those CCF's across to the XLobby format, but I think it would take a lot of work.

Also, the XLobby PPC client currently doesn't support using the PPC hard buttons yet, whereas I think NetRemote does?. A request to add this function has been raised in the Feature Request forum, but Steven's been busy doing other things. Adding the ability to assign functions to the PPC hardbuttons is one of those "holy grail" items for me, as I'm using the PPC as my primary means of control.

Anyway, if you're serious about getting a converter worked out, raise a thread in the Feature Request forum, and if enough other people want it, Steven's very good at responding.

Good luck!
Roscoe62

Postby Aaron on Tue May 11, 2004 1:56 am

Will do... I certainly would use the hard buttons as Netremote DOES support them natively.

My SimPad SL4 (WinCE 4.1) is the device I use exclusively.
Aaron