Button press delays using Xlobby in server mode?

Help each other out

Button press delays using Xlobby in server mode?

Postby Kiros on Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:51 pm

I tried the latest 40.1 release and set up Xlobby in server mode. I then launched the client version (after setting the server address) and it connected to the server fine. Unfortunately when I press a button there is about a 1 second delay between the mouse click and the button being pressed. I'm hoping to use a tablet pc running remote desktop to the Xlobby server, so the performance of the interface is important. Any clues? Thanks.

Kerry
Kiros

Postby chadwolcott on Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:05 pm

you've lost me...what are you trying to do? Why do you need to run remote desktop. Why not just use the tablet as a remote?
chadwolcott

Postby Kiros on Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:19 pm

chadwolcott wrote:you've lost me...what are you trying to do? Why do you need to run remote desktop. Why not just use the tablet as a remote?

I'm using a Frontpath Progear, which only has a 400 Mz Transmeta CPU and 64 Megs of ram running Win2k. Not a power machine by todays standards :) But it has a great 1024x768 touchscreen.

Kerry
Kiros

Postby noviceboy on Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:34 am

Still not sure of your question. Do you think xlobby is at fault?
noviceboy

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:03 pm

I'm a bit confused also...you should run xlobby in server mode and have the xlobby2sd.exe client on your Frontpath Progear. The client does not need alot of cpu power or memory at all....the server does all the work. But if thats what you did and your talking about the responsiveness of the client...its probably because I have the quality setting set at 100%...I have yet to add the ability for a client to toggle its quality setting. It's a trade off...you have to sacrifice image quality for speed.

Right now the setting is basicly...I dont care how long it takes...give me the best image quality. And the higher the resolution...the longer it takes.
stevenhanna6