resolution issues

Speak your mind

resolution issues

Postby dsp fan on Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:13 pm

If this is a daft question please say, but i have my resolution set to 1184 x 666 on a sony lcd projector to get it to go into Hi Def mode and get a 16:9 image,

front screen looks fine with desktop icons but xlobby does not display well. Is there anything i can do to get it to go onto the widescreen format other that re-skin the whole thing ??

thanks in advance
dsp fan

Postby edgley on Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:19 pm

Hi Tony,

You problem is the 666.
If you set XL to use a resolution more than that, it wont look right.

Think you are going to be re-skinning!!

s.
edgley

SDTV recommended Skin?

Postby Naylia on Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:43 pm

I'm currently at work so can't try this out right now, but was wondering if someone had a suggestion for which skin would look the best on a SDTV in 640x480. I'd also like to use it with my PPC, but for now I'm just trying to get it up and running and looking good on my tv. Unfortunately I have to use composite in, so it's not the best PQ. I tried Colby last night and the Pics with Text on top on the right hand side of the main menu look great, but the buttons are unreadable. I suppose making the buttons bigger is something I could try when I remove a few of them. Are buttons scaleable in the editor, or would I have to make new ones in photoshop? Any recommnedations...?
Naylia

Postby Colby on Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:10 pm

all buttons are scalable.

I may make a 640X480 port of my skin if people are interested
Colby

Postby Naylia on Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:52 pm

I'm definitly in support of a 640x480 skin.

From what I've seen it seems to be the resolution with the least amount of loss on any standard def tv. I can actually read iTunes at 640x480. So I would certaintly be in support of that since after building an HTPC, my HDTV fund is a little short. I'll try scaling the buttons, that'll take care of the most pressing problem, but it would be great to be able to read the other stuff too.
Naylia

640 X 480 skin

Postby subreyes on Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:46 pm

Colby,
I would also love to see that resolution for my skin. I'm trying to onvince my wife that this is the right way to do Home theater- period,not just HTPC and showing her a clear vision on our TV would seal it.
BTW, the more I play with your skin the more I think it's just awesome. Thanks a million.
subreyes