Zoning Information Shown On VFD

xlobby docs (works in progress)

Zoning Information Shown On VFD

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:12 am

#
##
Display multiple xlobby audio zones on a vacuum florescent display (VFD).
###

Well, ever since I have installed my VFD into my music server, I've wanted to find a way to display what's going on in all the zones. Most of the VFD software only shows information for one instance of winamp. I had almost given up until I started to think about parsing xml files. Then Steven decided to take "Now Playing" stuff away from older XLobby...forcing me to look around for something else...then I put two and two together to make "5", and came up with something.

Using LCDSmartie, along with the cut.dll plugin for it, and the NowPlaying plugin for winamp, I've been able to display Artist/Track/Album for up to 10 instances of winamp (my 7 zones plus 3 sync zones). You can read up on how I did it here

Yeah, it's not totally to do with Xlobby, but I didn't know where else to post the document.
If you have any questions, post them...maybe I might be able to answer...you all know, I'll do my best.

Hope this helps someone out.

...hmmm....maybe this document will get my little "writers" icon...along with my engineering one for my skins :wink: joking!
Marbles_00