Multizone Audio

Help each other out

Multizone Audio

Postby WannaTheater on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Hi, a few questions here on multizone audio. I a currently running 4 instances of winamp. I would like to show all zones and what they are playing, volume, etc on 1 single page.

It is possible to directly pull from a variable information from each of the zones? (coverart, artist, title?)
Something like %zonename>albumname%, or %zonename>cover%

I am using last free XLobby

Thanks!
WannaTheater

Re: Multizone Audio

Postby scottw on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:09 am

Sure you can use these examples and I am sure figure the rest out :lol: :

zone>1>image
%zone>1>status%

and just change the 1 to whatever zone you want:

%zone>1>status%
%zone>2>status%
%zone>3>status%

Volume I am not sure about without using something like xPert.

Does that help
scottw

Postby WannaTheater on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:27 am

This does help. Do you know what other variables/attributes are available?

Also, I believe you could select the zone first, then adjust the volume for that zone. I am more looking for a way to send a windows command straight to WinAmp to adjust the volume. Unfortunately I am not sure how to specify a specific instance of Xlobby to send a "volume up" command to. I think Xlobby keeps track of this internally when you set or change the zone.???
WannaTheater

Postby scottw on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:33 am

Off the top of my head I don't know how to send to a specific instance but what you could do add a volume button for each zone and have the event do a Zone Set and then adjust the volume but that would leave you controlling that zone, to get back to the original zone I am not sure.
Also make sure you check out the Event Variable List that is linked on Marbles site: http://xlobbystuff.googlepages.com/EventVariableSheet2.pdf
scottw

Postby WannaTheater on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:40 am

That is what I was thinking. Thanks for the support!
WannaTheater

Postby scottw on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:50 am

Alright hold on I have an idea let me try to get it out :lol:
scottw

Postby WannaTheater on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:56 am

Can't seem to find any usable variable other than "status."

Basically I am trying to reproduce the following type od screen:
http://xlobby.com/images/screenshots2/M ... 20Zone.jpg

I am not sure of how each one of the zones is filling in the details as to what it is playing, coverart, etc... Perhaps not possible with free version?
WannaTheater

Postby scottw on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:00 am

Ok forgive me if I stumble thru this as I get ideas in my head and know what I am trying to say but have trouble saying it :lol:

You may be able to use a variable to get you back to your original zone. I am not sure how you navigate thru your zones/instances of Winamp, using Zone Set or Zone Next/Previous. If you use the Zone Set command you could add a Save to Variable command to that event that would write that zone number to a certain variable (CURRENTZONEVAR). So when you run the Vol events for each zone you add a Zone Set: %CURRENTZONEVAR% at the end and it should get you right back to where you were.

So on your event to switch to Zone 3 you would have:
Zone Set: 3
Save to Variable- Information: 3 Variable: CURRENTZONEVAR

event to switch to Zone 4 you would have:
Zone Set: 4
Save to Variable- Information: 4 Variable: CURRENTZONEVAR

To turn the volume up for the Winamp running on Zone 4 while you are currently on any zone would be:
Zone Set: 4
Volume - Increase:5 (or whatever)
Zone Set: %CURRENTZONEVAR%

You should never even know that you switched zones :D

Not I have tried this and it may or may not work..but now that I am saying it I think it would help me too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me know.
scottw

Postby scottw on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:04 am

WannaTheater wrote:Can't seem to find any usable variable other than "status."

Basically I am trying to reproduce the following type od screen:
http://xlobby.com/images/screenshots2/M ... 20Zone.jpg

I am not sure of how each one of the zones is filling in the details as to what it is playing, coverart, etc... Perhaps not possible with free version?

Yeah I am doing that but I am running xPert with the KX drivers which is well documented on Marbles ZoneSkin4 found here: http://xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5917
scottw

Postby WannaTheater on Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:12 am

Thanks again. Unfortunately I am not using the KX drivers - I am using a professional audio card with multiple sets of inputs and outputs. I will check out the skin to see if there is any information I can pull out for my use. I unfortunately am at a loss with how Xlobby communcates with WinAmp...
WannaTheater

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:15 am

Can that M-thingy :D :D :D
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby defrag on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:50 am

Take a look at the source of the multizone screen in the default skin (both free and pay).

In there I found:

%zone>1>status%
zone>1>image (note no %)
%zone>current%
%zone>1>synch%
defrag

Postby WannaTheater on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:56 am

Thanks defrag- unfortunately I am looking for additional things like current volume, artist, album, playing or paused, etc...

And unfortunately the M-thing was fairly expensive :shock:
WannaTheater

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:19 pm

WannaTheater wrote:Thanks defrag- unfortunately I am looking for additional things like current volume, artist, album, playing or paused, etc...

And unfortunately the M-thing was fairly expensive :shock:

WT:

You will need to create a separate button for each event for each zone. So you would need to have button in each separate zone for play, pause, etc...

Volume status will not be possible without KxDriver solution.
sharp_1

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:11 pm

Now that im thinking...

... there might actually be pluginish solution for the problem, allthought im bit interested to try out my hypothesis, im gonna write it here, cause i cant possibly see me having time to add this functionality to xPerT in foreseeable future. So if u had bit of coder in your blood... this hacky aproach is great deal faster to implement than new win amp plugin, now only if it would work... we dont know before we try :)

So basicly u would need a plugin to cycle trough zones constantly lets say once for each zone per second, also the plugin would manage updating of zone information, in a way it would make sure that info from each zone is pulled during its own timeslot. Would this work with calling refresh for a button from plugin, or would all info needed to be routed trough plugin, i cant say, but atleast with latter way it should work. Also plugin would need to keep a record of current "real" zone and have means to return to it and pause cycling right before user issues some player commands.

I think this way it should be possible to pull volume status data from each zone and present it simultaneously.

EDIT: who knows mayby Defrag has 10mins to waste for this project :D Oh no wait D said he has no plugin ideas to implement :wink: :wink:
P3rv3rt B3ar

Next