Text Formating Request.

Got an idea, post it here

Text Formating Request.

Postby mattdisaster on Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:25 am

Alright allllll right. I know this request probably wont be filled, but I've been finishing up my skin for the htpc and theres one thing I really really really really really wished we had. And that was the option to make text have wrap properties- Say I have a page with a cover on it, I'de love to be have the text start at the top near the edge of the image, but once the image ends, extend over and fill the space that is left when the image ends. Open up msword and see what I mean, I believe the correct format I want is called "tight". I only wish that one day this makes the grade for xlobby. It'll make stuff look awesome. Steven you rock!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby Colby on Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:44 pm

On a similar note matt, I was thinking I would like to have variables inside of %. So I could have category>movies>plot:%plot%. Then I would have text wrap around my labels. Like what your saying. It would be cool if this worked for category>movies>%cover%then any multiline text you wanted wrapped around

So bump!
Colby

Postby mattdisaster on Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:31 pm

Oh man colby you are on point with that request! I was thinking the same thing the other day but i forgot all about it. As for the coverart example coding, whatever would work would be fine with me, but ide love to have the page just show the plot info of a game, neatly wrapped around the image on the page.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:35 pm

I think to do this

category>movies>plot:%plot%.

you would use

plot: %movies>plot%
stevenhanna6

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:10 pm

steven-
thanks for getting to this, I tried the first one, and it didnt work, the second one however worked awesome, thanks! But what are your thoughts on the actual wrapping of text so to speak? Any chance of that? Maybe even the ability to make a wierd shaped box in the xml file, this might be cool to add because then someone could put text into shapes, if they ever wanted to do anything like that. heh thanks again, you're the man!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby stevenhanna6 on Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:01 am

i know its possible to do with a custom shape....problem is the complexity if giving you guys the ability to define custom shapes. Not really something I'm up for right now.
stevenhanna6

Postby mattdisaster on Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:49 pm

I understand steven, any chance we might see it in the future, even if its not so near? I'de love you for all time. hah.

-matt
mattdisaster