XoapWeather 1.2

Xlobby plugin development

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Anyone else been having troubles downloading weather data using Xoap lately. I haven't been able to get updates for a few days now.
Marbles_00

Postby cmhardwick on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:25 pm

I've been out of town, but mine's working fine as of the 4pm EDST update. It has been kind of hit or miss for the past several days for me as well, having to restart XLobby to get it to try again.
cmhardwick

Postby sharp_1 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:50 pm

No problem here either...updates are current.
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:54 am

Thanks guys,

I found out the problem, but now I'm not sure if it is a bug. I checked off load http images in the Misc section of setup at one point. After I un-checked it, I was able to get updates again. I realized that was the problem as I noticed that my weather images hadn't updated either.

Long story short...all's working again.
Marbles_00

Postby hvs69 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:58 pm

Are you guys having any problem with this plugin on the new pre-release version of xlobby.

I don't seem to be downloading any data

It is working fine on the older freeware version of Xlobby
hvs69

Re: XoapWeather 1.2

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:53 am

Hey Atlas, way back on page 2 of this thread, JSL posted about having problems updating after the computer comes out of "sleep". I seem to be having this same issue still. Have you ever had the chance to look at the code?

Thanks in advance.
Marbles_00

Postby gravy on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:22 pm

Boy - hate to resurrect an old thread - but does anybody know if there was a fix to the "No metric in forecast data" problem? I have selected "metric" in the plugin config but as described earlier in the thread, the forecast data is still in Imperial.

Or an alternative plugin? My tiny brain gets so confused doing the conversion all the time.

*** UGhh nevermind.. looks like the http://www.weather.com feed is the problem - it doesn't convert the forecast to metric, i confirmed on the webpage. Darn.***
gravy

Postby CaM on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:40 am

hi, I have just downloaded the source code and will modify it for us metric users.

I will post back if i meet with success :-)

CaM
CaM

Postby lar282 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:09 am

CaM wrote:hi, I have just downloaded the source code and will modify it for us metric users.

CaM

Keeping my fingers crossed that u can fix it........

//Lasse
lar282

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:54 am

lar282 wrote:
CaM wrote:hi, I have just downloaded the source code and will modify it for us metric users.

CaM

Keeping my fingers crossed that u can fix it........

//Lasse

:lol: oh dont mind about him, old dev farts around here are hard to impress... :D
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:38 pm

Hey if he can fix the "refresh after resuming from sleep" issue...I'd kiss his feet....no, just joking....but ....really, I would. :shock:
Marbles_00

Postby CaM on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:48 am

hi, I have created a plugin that allows me to change the %outlook% text. The Xoapweather plugin is still required. This plugin just 'sits on top of it'.

The only way I can think of changing the %outlook% text though is to parse the string, looking for common words and then change the sentance slightly.

At the moment, my outlook says

Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 50s

However a straight change of the '60s' number to celsius wouldn't really make sense?

It is ok when it says

i.e. high 63F

As I can do a straight conversion.

Also, for the wind - I want to change the mph to km but this will not suit people in the UK. I might look at the location and if it is 'UK' I will not make the mph change.

To speed things up, could someone please provide to me a list of the things that weather.com reports to them

i.e. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 50s

I will then parse the string, looking for 'key phrases' which I will modify as need be.

Also, I do not know what the refresh issue is. :-)

thanks

CaM
CaM

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm

Also, I do not know what the refresh issue is.

Basically what happens (or doesn't happen) is that xoapweather doesn't refresh when you bring the computer out of sleep (S3). Looking at the logs, it seems to go and update, yet the display/descriptions on the screen don't change. Its as though it looses its internet connection, or socket, or something, and it doesn't know it. Because of this issue, I'm really tempted to go back to xweather.
Marbles_00

Postby CaM on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:29 am

hi, I have attached a plugin to this post.

Just put it in the same location at the XoapWeather plugin.

All it does is remove the line in the %outlook% variable that mentions the farenheight temperature. I figured there was no point in converting the temperature from farenheight to celcius as this information can already be got in another variable.

I will look into the S3 issue.

thanks

CaM
Attachments
XoapMetric.rar
Remove line in %outlook% that mentions Farenheight
(24.25 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
CaM

Postby Cabinetguy on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:30 am

Hi everyone,

As I was sitting here watching the news on TV, I see that we are under a hurricane watch here in Tampabay. I thought it might be a good time to setup a field on my Xlobby menu that uses the Xoapweather "alert" variable.
I entered Plugin>xoapweather>current>%alert% in the text box. Nothing shows up, which leads me to believe that i typed it correctly. But I would think that something should show up about a hurricane watch. Does anyone know if this function still works?

Thank's
Brian
Cabinetguy

PreviousNext