How do you start?

Speak your mind

How do you start?

Postby Atlas on Tue May 03, 2005 8:56 pm

Just wondering how others start your htpc. Currently I have been using several remotes and wireless (RF) keyboard and mouse. I'm trying to consolidate down to one remote and hopefully one power on button. I'm using grider and USBUIRT. Currently I have the htpc BIOS configured for CTRL-F1 on the keyboard to turn-on/resume the htpc. Once that is up then I can have girder blast out the on for TV, receiver, etc. I have a one button off solution but can't get the "on" down to one... :(

The only thing I can think of is to get an IR keyboard/mouse and have the remote send the CTRL-F1 code. Anybody have any other tips or ideas that don't involve me buying a new keyboard/mouse. Thanks!
Atlas

Postby Naylia on Tue May 03, 2005 10:33 pm

you should be able to figure out a way to do 'wake on usb' with your usb-uirt, i've heard of people doing this but am not exactly sure whats invloved. my case came with an imon ir reciever that connects to the psu and mobo so am able to do it that way
Naylia

Postby Atlas on Sun May 08, 2005 6:21 am

Thanks for the suggestion it made me revisit this. I had tried before with no success but now have it waking with an IR code. For those interested the USB-UIRT forums discuss how to do this. Requires girder to use the plugin for programming the flash with (up to 4) IR codes for wake up. The major things for me were

-- Jumpers on MB needed to be enabled to allow USB power in S3 in addition to BIOS setting for USB wake up
-- Registry hack for XP to allow USB wake up
-- Settings in USB-UIRT plugin for girder to allow USB hardware for wakeup.
Atlas