Baddabing's Heavy Metal skin and ProgDVB

Xlobby plugin development

Baddabing's Heavy Metal skin and ProgDVB

Postby Raasay on Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:28 pm

I'm new to XLobby, and I'm trying to get ProgDVB 4.78 to work with Baddabing's Heavy Metal skin - so far I've configured XLTV with XLTVconfig but it seems like each time I restart it defaults back to MT instead of DVB in the Tuners tab, but anyway. After that it kept saying 'SageTV' not found, so I went through the xml files for SageTV and changed to ProgDVB. Now, in XLobby when I go to PVR, ProgDVB starts (too slowly for the 3000 timeout, but anyway), and shows the current program. But the screen size is all worng and non of the other commands seem to work.

So, I'm assuming that the SageTV commands are all different and I'll need to reconfigure all the relevant XML files with the correct ProgDVB commands manually. Also, when ProgDVB is running, the MENU button in the PVR screen no longer works - I have to go to SETUP and to BACK TO MAIN MENU.

Can anyone either confirm my assumptions, or (even better!) direct me to some Heavy Metal files that work with ProgDVB already?

If nobody has already done this and I eventually get it working, is it acceptable to post the modified files in the skins section (accredited of course to Baddabing!), or should I do something else?

Many thanks for any help!
Raasay

Postby badubo on Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:17 pm

so far I've configured XLTV with XLTVconfig but it seems like each time I restart it defaults back to MT instead of DVB in the Tuners tab, but anyway.

logical...
XLTV can work with several tuners, the tuner shown is not necessarilly the one you configured but the first found by the system. If you select progdvb, you should see your configuration...
Is the xltv skin working?
after that it kept saying 'SageTV' not found, so I went through the xml files for SageTV and changed to ProgDVB. Now, in XLobby when I go to PVR, ProgDVB starts (too slowly for the 3000 timeout, but anyway), and shows the current program. But the screen size is all worng and non of the other commands seem to work.

still logical, xltv has no relationship with the sagetv integration.
You have to use the xltv specific events and commands (see the xltv skin for an example)
badubo

Postby Raasay on Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:50 pm

Ah, right. When I select DVB, yes, the other parameters are as I saved them. I tried the XLTV skin briefly today, but when I pressed the first button it left me with a screen with just one button, a down arrow, which did nothing, so I went back to Heavy Metal. I will try again.

I understand you comment about sagetv's relationship with xltv, but I think this skin hardcodes sagetv commands to override xltv - I will try to check it out.

I'm trying to get ProgDVB to work because of the vPlug plugin - I spent 15 years in France and miss TPS - I guess using the French XLobby forum might be more logical for this problem n'est ce pas?

Many thank for this help.
Raasay

Postby dgemily on Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:15 pm

heavy metal don't use the plugin xltv at all... baddabing, the author use commads to control sagetv and not xltv...
anyway, if you understand french: here is a french version of heavymetalX using xltv : http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/skin ... talXFR.rar
dgemily

Postby Raasay on Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:48 am

Thanks very much dgemily, but my problem was more to do with using ProgDVB than xltv. Looking at your files, I think they are for using xltv with WMP? Anyway, with the sagetv files and yours, I will try and understand better how everything works, and keep trying!
Raasay

Postby badubo on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:39 am

I think they are for using xltv with WMP?

WMP is not a tuner is is not compatible with xltv ;)
anyway, the principle of xltv is that, after a correct configuration, the way you are using it is completely independant of the tuner you use, so if the skin is created for xltv, it should work for any kind of tuner. Nothing in the skin is related to progdvb or any other software
badubo

Postby Raasay on Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:16 pm

Thanks again badubo, I take your point about WMP javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
Embarassed

Having just re-read Baddabing's read-me-first for his Heavy Metal skin, I see that he clearly says that the skin is configured for Sage TV v2, and support for other packages in not supported. So I guess that if I want to use Heavy Metal, I'll have to learn XML and the ProgDVB command line interface...

Thanks again to everyone
Raasay

Postby Raasay on Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:42 pm

javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
Embarassedjavascript:emoticon(':oops:')
Embarassed

I think I understand dgemily's reply a bit better now I've read a bit more - I'll try it tonight, but I've had a quick look and it seems perfect.
Raasay