PVR Plugin ideas?

Speak your mind

PVR Plugin ideas?

Postby sdumas on Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:06 am

Hi,

I saw this today on avsforum and thought it could be expanded for Xlobby. It seems it is using .Net, has a plugin component and has some kind of API.

Take a look.

http://www.gbpvr.com/
sdumas

Postby steele on Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:10 pm

I sure that I pointed out this place sometime ago, but second it, as a pvr350 owner its great for the pvr feature, but of course Xlobby is far better as far as everything else goes. The OSD feature is brilliant!! Just look at the screenshots to see, looks very professional, its a shame that not more cards are supported. This would really pull the crowds in to Xlobby if the pvr and epg features would work in a similar fashion as gbpvr. Steve any comments?

steele
steele

Postby ThE ScReW on Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:05 pm

Looks very nice :-)
ThE ScReW

Postby stevenhanna6 on Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:23 am

I have seen that program before, personally I dont have time to write pvr recording software like that. But hopefully someone will come along that will, the backend...the EPG is ready to go almost....I hope to have some tvpi tvvi? stuff added soon so we can get some limited pvr functionality going.
stevenhanna6

Postby Aaron on Tue May 11, 2004 5:28 am

Steven,

As for PVR functions it looks like GotTV may be the tops at this time?
It seems to support TONS of hardware (HDTV, DVB, etc), built-in XMLTV EPG. Wonder if you could just "interface" it into Xlobby so it looks seemless?

Another thought is to collaborate with a app like J.River Media Center 10 that is a hugely adopted media player and see if they would like to have a great front-end like Xlobby as a partner. They have the best media organizer and all-around video solution out there... by far!

I like the interface but I think that Xlobby could benefit from a great media organizer like MC10.

what are your thoughts around the whole PVR and media organizer situation?
Aaron

Postby andylaurence on Fri May 14, 2004 6:46 pm

Another one to have a look at is http://www.nebula-electronics.com who have free software to use with their TV cards. The best part about the software isw being able to multicast an entire multiplex over the network so any client can play any channel from that multiplex. It's the one feature that may draw me from Xlobby. I'm not gone yet though ;-)

Cheers,
Andy
andylaurence

Postby lar282 on Fri May 14, 2004 8:41 pm

Wht not use Dscaler.

//Lasse
lar282