Skin Request and/or Suggestions

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Skin Request and/or Suggestions

Postby Chuck on Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:02 pm

Hello Skinners,

I have been mucking with my MTPC setup for a while and still am not satisfied. Seems everthing I try doesnt work or is too messy for every day use, or does not look right on my screen.

Of course every one has a different set up, probably most better than mine. Eventually I will get a flat screen or a projector to shoot on a 11 foot screen in the basement when I am finished with it, but until then I am stuck with this.

I am connecting my HTPC to my 27 inch Sony tv using Svideo at 800x600. I know that is my first downfall. I am looking for a SIMPLE skin, not too many buttons on the main menu, but lots of features. I need large fonts for reading on the crappy display. It seems that Blues and Greens look best on a setting like that. I also purchased a copy of BeyondTV, but am not sure how to integrate it into Xlobby. (I thought someone was going to document it?)

I guess I am looking for is something that looks like Win-MCE. Its been a while since I tried some of the newer skins, so maybe I will download a few and check them out. Anyone have any skin suggestions that I should try?

Thanks
Chuck
Chuck

Postby rubbah on Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:29 pm

maybe you should wait for airpost to finish he's latest http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2056
rubbah

Postby Chuck on Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:23 pm

yeah I saw that. Very Nice.

Once a text box is made can I increase the Font Size? I know you can adjust it when you are placing text but I cant remember if you can do it once it is placed?

Thanks
Chuck
Chuck

Postby Roscoe62 on Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:04 am

Yup! No problem doing that at all. :)
Roscoe62

Postby edgley on Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:27 am

The best thing to do is to take a skin like Colbys, which is quite plain, and delete what you dont want.

You can then just swap the images for ones that you want, and change the text size and so on. Most of the images are PNG, which means that you can change there size without causing problems (not like with a .jpg)

If you get stuck, come post on here.
edgley