Baddabing's project - fyi:modem burner images

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Re: Baddabing's project - fyi:modem burner images

Postby gamejester on Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:31 pm

WOW, looks even better.
I really like the good use of space with pop up menus, brilliant on a small touch screen.
(like my Nokia 770 web tablets running rdesktop, hint hint :D )
gamejester

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:26 pm

Suggestion (as if you really need one from little ol me),

Concerning your 5 pre/EQ settings, you may want to name them to whatever genre your trying to achieve, for increase WAF (ie 1- Rock, 2 - Dance, 3 - Classical, etc.). You may know which one does what, but others may not. Just a suggestion. Or maybe you want to keep it pretty generic...and up to individual taste/interpretation, hence the reason for the numbering. In that case, disregard my suggestion. :)
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:21 pm

hmm i might sound like a broken record... with all this catting :P

but wouldnt it be smart to make presets a db/cat then it would be as general as it get and would be easy for end user to define their own...

cat crazed bear :P
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby BaddaBing on Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:07 pm

Concerning your 5 pre/EQ settings, you may want to name them to whatever genre your trying to achieve, for increase WAF (ie 1- Rock, 2 - Dance, 3 - Classical, etc.). You may know which one does what, but others may not. Just a suggestion. Or maybe you want to keep it pretty generic...and up to individual taste/interpretation, hence the reason for the numbering. In that case, disregard my suggestion

You are giving me far more credit than I deserve. The controls are unique to my setup in that my preamp has configurable EQ settings. So all the buttons do is send a signal to the preamp through the IR emitter. If there is a way to call Winamp EQ settings from XL please share. But the labeling suggestion is still a good idea, Marbles, thanks! :D
BaddaBing

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:53 pm

There is an "eq" command under music, where you set your band and percentage, but it is really poorly implimented, I've been playing around with it a little...looking at some of the presets, then trying to emulate them using a bunch of those eq commands. I'm finding out that the percentage value is how much one would want to modify the slider (either plus or minus), and not a definite position to place the slider too. I was thinking that was how you may have done it...I thought that you may have found a way to do it. I also thought about calling on some settings to load the presets automatically, but I'm not sure as to how right now. Not sure if there is a command line to do it or not. Would be 8)
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:13 pm

I would store each preset on cat item, putting its given name on display field, create new fields for each band and but their absolute values (how many time + needs to be clicked to set right value when it is originally on rock bottom) on values of those fields. Then i would have event when preset cat item is clicked which drives - for each band so many times theyre quaranteed to be at bottom, and afterwards applying number of + for each band stored on respective db fields (this is bit tricky but should be manageable with array of xPert commands (call,if, arithmetics, return and setting xlobby variables)... if not ive been planning to add "while"-command to xpert for a while ;) now)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Take III

Postby BaddaBing on Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:51 am

Starting to realize that this is not so much a new skin but the evolution of one of my old favorites, the TSI (Touch Screen Interface) skin. Once I got that straightened out in my head I swapped out some of the graphics for those in the original skin. The main difference is that the less frequently used controls are now hidden, giving a much cleaner and less cluttered look while still retaining the flexibility. Updated the screenshots

BaddaBing

Postby abobader on Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Hi,

Very nice, I hope this skin for Baddabing could find it way to XL ver 3 as well.

My best.
abobader

Previous