Wes - pausing video, going elsewhere in XL and resuming.

V3 help and support questions

Wes - pausing video, going elsewhere in XL and resuming.

Postby Jay on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:10 pm

You had made a post that I can't find. Something about 5 steps to pause and resume a video. I'm running V2 for now.

I have situations where I need to pause a movie/video to (e.g.) view a cam to see who's in the driveway, dim lights - whatever. I can use VLC as a last resort. Can you update us/me on that?

Gonna be pretty embarrased if there's already a way but a search doesn't give me anything. Tried a 'Back' event.

TIA
Jay

Re: Wes - pausing video, going elsewhere in XL and resuming.

Postby wesblack on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Jay,

I believe the current V3 release thats posted in the My xLobby section has the bookmark feature, if not I can E-Mail you a release that does. It only works with the xLobby internal player.

It works like this, If you play a Movie for more than 5 minutes then the item xml file that is stored in the DVD folder of each movie, it will be updated with the time to return to if you watch the movie again. Inside the xml file look for this reference for the stored value: <bookmarktimecode1>00:30:20<bookmarktimecode1>. If the movie plays for less than 5 minutes no bookmark is applied. The item xml file stores a backup of the movie details and is useful if you use an external drive and move it around this way the movie details travel with the content including all your bookmarks.

So if a movie has a bookmark you would start playing the movie then the player would start playing from the begining and then jump to the bookmark time position and start playing from the bookmark. The ideal method for the future would have a popup box that indicates theres a bookmark and ask you if you want to start from the bookmark or from the begining of the movie. There will be an option for bypassing this popup box if the user wants it. If you bypass the popup window sometimes you may forget there is a bookmark and think something is wrong because the players starts to jump into the middle of all your movies in different spots.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Re: Wes - pausing video, going elsewhere in XL and resuming.

Postby Jay on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:08 pm

That's it. Thanks.
5 minutes, not 5 steps.
heh.
Jay