EPG Overhaul

Got an idea, post it here

EPG Overhaul

Postby hvs69 on Wed May 17, 2006 11:27 pm

So, we had EPG feature for the longest of time but of very little use mainly due to the lack of a good TV plugin. Now, we have an excellent plugin XLTV from Badubo which supports a number of TV tuner/DVB cards. However, EPG is still lacking in a number of ways and therefore I am requesting following upgrades to the EPG module:
Code: Select all
1. Internal support for xmltv download
   I would like to be able to setup and schedule my xmltv download from within xlobby in a way that xlobby is aware of updates to EPG

2. ABC overlay and search support
   I don't need to elaborate on this any further, I think.

3. Creation of recording schedules & timers
   I propose creatioin of two additional databases for each EPG say "schedule.xml" and "timers.xml". "schedule" database will be manipulated by the user who can  create a recording schedule for a given show and define recording frequency (once, daily, weekly, all, new etc.). "timers" database will be managed by xlobby and will derive the timer information after searching the EPG based on the information in "schedule" database. I am assuming here that a tv plugin such as xltv can use timers.xml to create a recording schedule for a given application.

4. Auto-Refresh and Auto-Search
   Once Xlobby detects that EPG has been updated it should auto-refresh the database and do an automatic search to update "timers.xml"

5. Skinning improvement
   This is perhaps least important for me:
      a. Create custom color coding based on the show rating or genre
      b. having a progress-bar for a show would be nice
      c. Auto-scrolling when the program information does not fit the text-box
      d. Being able to turn the channel-logos/channel numbers on/off
      e. Change the width of the first column containing the channel information
      f. Able to define different font for the first column

So what do you guys think ??
hvs69

Postby rika on Thu May 18, 2006 6:14 am

All of this would bee great. I think the search support and abc overlay is the one i like to see first.

Rika
rika

Postby vicom on Mon May 22, 2006 2:45 pm

I agree... something similar to Webshifter, of which I currently use to schedule my recordings and search the EPG guide.. its web based and you any commandline recorder...
vicom

Postby lar282 on Tue May 23, 2006 6:36 am

I vote for
1. Be able to sort the EPG channel name wise.

2. ABC overlay and search support
I don't need to elaborate on this any further, I think.

4. Auto-Refresh and Auto-Search
Once Xlobby detects that EPG has been updated it should auto-refresh the database and do an automatic search to update "timers.xml"
If this is not working at least let us refresh from a plugin.Reported as a bug right now.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby hvs69 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:12 pm

Bump Bump

Aren't there any more users of xltv plugin that would like to see this ?
hvs69