.GML file för XLobby wanted

Help each other out

.GML file för XLobby wanted

Postby Berra on Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:33 pm

Does anyone have a complete .GML file for XLobby in Girder?

i have tried all night to figure out how to control xlobby using my UIRT2 (not the USB version) and my remote, i got zoomplayer working, that was not a big issue since they have this export thing for it.

but when i tried to make a eventsring for using the "Up" command or what ever, and sat the target to Xlobby2.exe it dident work at all.

i have also tried to understand this event manager in XLobby but i just cant get it working.
Berra

Postby Twit on Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:17 am

Having a gml for xlobby will not help as it has to correspond with the text entered in xlobby.

I will walk you through an example of how to do it.

1 - Launch girder goto file/settings/plugins and select the send message plugin. (must be ticked) - close the window and hit F9 twice. To disable input devices and then enable them - including send message.

2 - Righ Click in girder - and add a new command and name it say 'album play' - Then make sure the new command is highlighted.

3 - On the tabs on the right bottom (windows/os/command/girder etc) click on the plugins tab. Sendmessage should be listed as we added it in no1.

4 - Highlight sendmessage and click 'settings'

5 - A window pops up - enter wparam as '55555' and lparam as '601' - click apply then OK.

6 - Learn a remote code event for the new command we just created.

7 - click file/save.

8 - IN xlobby hit F2 then click on the event manager tab.

9 - expand the music tab then high light 'album play'

10 - On the right top there are two tabs commands & triggers - click triggers.

11 - At the bottom (date/timer/event etc) click on send message.

12 - Enter the wparam and lparam we used in girder eg 55555 & 601 then click the add button.

13 - close the pop up windows and go to the music screen and you will see the three buttons play/add/open at the bottom of the screen. Make sure add or open are highlighted by clicking on one of them.

14 - Point your remote at the reciever and push the remote button you 'learnt' in girder and the play button will highlight.

15 - congratulations you have done your first remote command.

If you open the skin editor and highlight the the play button then click the event tab - you will notice that 'music: album play' is the event for the play button & is why the remote triggered this button.

Hope this helps. - I also have the uirt2 and have made a request to include it natively in xlobby.

Later
Simon
Twit

Postby Berra on Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:37 am

great, i forgot to enter the wparam and lparam in target sendmessage. i will try this out later, thanks for your help...

almost forgot, where can i find a list of lparam commands?

---------

i looked in to that now but i cant find "sendmessage" listed under "plugins" when i have selected an eventstring.

its selected and installed in settings becouse i use it with zoomplayer so i know that it works using sendmessage.

have a look: http://217.210.177.155/christian/girder1.jpg
Berra

Postby Twit on Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:13 pm

If you click on the send message plugin in settings it should say something along the lines of: Plugin loaded, into memory - (not sending events).

If not EXIT girder and restart it.

The method i explained in my previous post is the correct method BUT if you click the command tab in girder and choose command in the drop down then enter the wparam & lparam as previously posted then click apply. Then target xlobby (must be running) , girder will also work.

Later
Simon.

BTW I use Girder3.2 and mine definitly lists it. But you must have a command highlighted , not an event to use it.

Do you have "sendmessage.dll" in the plugin folder - as per your screen picture.

wparam & lparam can be anything you want (numbers only). I stick to numbers above 400 for lparam coz in ver39 some numbers under 400 were already taken for other things - but I dont think this applies to the new versions. Just be carefull to write down the numbers you use because xlobby will trigger and lparam matching button regardless if it is on the current screen or not.

I have always used 55555 as the wparam because up to ver 39 it had to be.
Last edited by Twit on Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twit

Postby Twit on Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:18 pm

Forgot to say that if you cant get the send message plugin loaded then try the 1st plug in listed - mine is ' alarm timer'.

If you enable does it show up in the plugin tabs?

Maybe i downloaded the send message plug in seperatly? I cant remember!

Later
Simon.
Twit

Postby Berra on Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:37 pm

sendmessage is already enabled.

you cant download the sendmessage plugin, it comes with the program.

i will try that command thing though, thanks
Berra

Postby rhinoman on Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:32 pm

Thanks for taking the time to write that up Twit, that gives me something to follow to get it working for me too.
rhinoman